Bonanza F33A

xyzbobxyz

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Bob
I have a Beech Bonanza F33A that I leased to company in Rockford for the last few years due to financial problems. I'm ready to bring it back to Chicago and fly again. But I haven't flown for awhile.

My medical is current. I am only VFR rated. The plane is squawk free thanks to the lease agreement. I would like to find someone to fly with me - help me get comfy again. In the perfect scenario, I would like to go and get IFR rated too.

I'm not a fan of any of the local flight schools - my experiences left a bad taste in mouth. Over priced, constant turn over, just a general feeling of a slimey need to extract every last dime possible. :mad2:

So, I'm turning here - seeking a CFI to work with me in my plane. You can message or email me but definitely address what you expect in return.

Thanks

Minor change - Bringing the plane down to Chicago after the New Year as a wait for a spot to open up.

Last edited:
I have a Beech Bonanza F33A that I leased to company in Rockford for the last few years due to financial problems. I'm ready to bring it back to Chicago and fly again. But I haven't flown for awhile.

My medical is current. I am only VFR rated. The plane is squawk free thanks to the lease agreement. I would like to find someone to fly with me - help me get comfy again. In the perfect scenario, I would like to go and get IFR rated too.

I'm not a fan of any of the local flight schools - my experiences left a bad taste in mouth. Over priced, constant turn over, just a general feeling of a slimy need to extract every last dime possible. :mad2:

So, I'm turning here - seeking a CFI to work with me in my plane. You can message or email me but definitely address what you expect in return.

Thanks

I wish I could fly that plane. The biggest I've flown is a C172SP :(

I would seriously suggest you contact bbchien from this board, seriously, it'll be worth the effort if you want high quality.

I could certainly help you out but my time is somewhat limited and I'm in Lincoln, NE. Bruce is closer and can instruct circles around me.

Bob,
I use to own a bonanza. I would only use an instructor that has a lot of time in Bonanzas. Have you contacted the ABS (American Bonanza Society)? I think your best bet would be a BPPP certified instructor.

http://www.bonanza.org/pilot-training-bppp/onlineflight

You should also ask your question at:
www.beechtalk.com

I'm not a fan of any of the local flight schools - my experiences left a bad taste in mouth. Over priced, constant turn over, just a general feeling of a slimy need to extract every last dime possible. :mad2:

Thanks

BBCHIEN? I'm brand new to this forum. I will look for a search function though.

What does it take for one to become a BPPP instructor?
They are going through a significant reorganization. Many of the former BPPP instructors have split off from ABS and formed a group called BPT (Bonanza Pilot Training). Meanwhile ABS is working on a program to train CFIs for the ins and outs of "standardized" Bonanza instruction. If you want to know more call or email Tom Turner at ABS.

Back