Bonanza 35, SR22 or Comanche?

At a budget of 150k on the high end, which is what he said he'd have to save up for to get an SR22, the A36 may not be doable.

But a PA-32 is.

At a budget of 150k on the high end, which is what he said he'd have to save up for to get an SR22, the A36 may not be doable..

139k buys a '78 A36 with 500 hrs on a IO550 and a 530W.

sarcasmometer.gif

Is that anything like, My BS Meter is pegged?

139k buys a '78 A36 with 500 hrs on a IO550 and a 530W.

I said "may not be doable."

The market at that price is going to be limited in quantity. The one you are quoting is only one of two A36's on controller under 150k. Since he'd have to save up, there could be none at that price on the market in a few months. Or there could be three. I don't know. But it'll be limited.

Last edited:
I thought SR22s were 4 seaters. How are you going to put 5 in there (legally)?

I wont need 6 seats for a few years. Right now its just gonna be my wife and I + 1 or 2 passengers.

Sound logic.

I think if I ever get my Aerostar, since I'm relatively low time, and VFR, I'll just forgo hull and carry liability.

I figure if I crack it, I won't be around to care, and I have bookoo life insurance.... :dunno:

I have a 601P, I'm only VFR and liability only is $1700/year. Not very expensive.

I just bought a Comanche 250, very nice upgrade with 750lbs of useful load with full fuel. Fits a growing family of 3 + 1 friend well

Jesse, just bite the bullet and get a piper saratoga!

With a pre 1985 Toga you will almost always have around 1300 useful load or more. As you get even older into the Lance, and Cherokee 6/300 or 6/260, that load can get as high as 1600.

Back