Bonaire Airport

dweyant

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Dan
I just got back from a dive trip to Bonaire.

We flew down from IAH on United. I was tracking our flight on foreflight for fun, and while I don't have charts for Bonaire (does foreflight even offer them?) It did pull up information on the airport.

I thought it was very strange that there are no published procedures for Bonaire? Is that common for smaller airports, especially in areas that never (almost?) have IMC? I thought the carriers are required to be on an IFR flight plan? Do they just get radar vectors from the tower, or how does that work?

Thanks,

-Dan

You do realize foreflight is a US product? The mapping only reaches a bit off shore because the US charting office (NACO) does that for practical purposes. There's a Canada subscription available, but for most of the rest of the world you're out of luck.

TCNB/BON has two RNAV approaches and a NDB as well as two Arrival and two Departure procedures. You won't find them in the NACO or Foreflight databases. The Netherlands Antilles seem to have contracted with Jeppesen

Attachments

• tncb.pdf
    568.6 KB · Views: 18
You do realize foreflight is a US product? The mapping only reaches a bit off shore because the US charting office (NACO) does that for practical purposes. There's a Canada subscription available, but for most of the rest of the world you're out of luck.

TCNB/BON has two RNAV approaches and a NDB as well as two Arrival and two Departure procedures. You won't find them in the NACO or Foreflight databases. The Netherlands Antilles seem to have contracted with Jeppesen

Thanks,

-Dan

Back