Boeing 797

John Baker

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
John Baker
Now here is a revolutionary design. And maybe Boeing could have the two wing-mounted flightdecks attached to the wings with squibs. In case there is an impending crash, the two wing-mounted flightdecks could simply be jettisoned - similar to wing tanks. At lesat the crew might be saved. .. Yes, one should give credit to those designers.

Attachments

• Boeing new jet.jpg
    Boeing new jet.jpg
    184.2 KB · Views: 55
It would make more sense to have the passenger compartments there too, along with the flight deck.

Advantages:

1. No multi rating needed to fly.
2. Dual redundant flight crew.
3. Terrorists can only take out half the plane.
4. One side can be smoking, and the other side can be non smoking.

That thing looks like a Cessna 337 on steroids.

I really liked the huge contra rotating power plant pod nice and clean in the middle there, and I've been wondering for a few years now with the advances in FBW sophistication why we weren't revisiting the forward swept wing. The way that A330 handled on the way down responding to control inputs, able to be recovered from longitudinal upset even! All while so deeply stalled the THE STALL WARNING SYSTEM COULDN'T BELIEVE IT!!! I have faith that the technology exists and that Airbus has the talent to integrate it into a safe forward swept design. Also having lifting surfaces fore and aft all lift is productive.

The thing I would like to see being played with is a conjoined wing design as it eliminates the wing tip vorticity.

Back