BO - One Flu-Sick Husband

Kaye

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
iPlaneless
Willing to trade......or best offer......:lightning:

Normally people could be sold off as slaves...or food. However, once they have the plague, they're worth less than nothing. All you can do at that point is nail their door shut and paint a big X on it with coal tar.

Normally people could be sold off as slaves...or food. However, once they have the plague, they're worth less than nothing. All you can do at that point is nail their door shut and paint a big X on it with coal tar.

LOL!!!

By tomorrow, I'll probably be willing to pay for someone to take him...;)

Hope things are better!

Best,

Dave

Nope, just continues. :frown3: But the cartoon's cute. :yesnod:

Not a doctor, but this morning I believe he woke with pink eye. Now where the heck did he get pink eye!!!! :dunno:

Bring out youuuur deeaaaaaad! Bring out youuuur deeaaaaaad!

Seriously, though, best wishes to Kaye's hubby and Dave's son for speedy recoveries.

-Rich

Not a doctor, but this morning I believe he woke with pink eye. Now where the heck did he get pink eye!!!! :dunno:

Don't know but my Son's deal just dragged on too; no pink eye. He's finally turning the corner. Was just really tired, some sinus drainage and slight temperature, but he just wasn't able to do anything but sleep/rest and eat on occasion for over a week. Lots of folks seem to have something. My Granddaughter just got over the same type thing. So, if misery is company, you have a lot :smile:

Best,

Dave

Cut a half-inch off of the bottom of the door to his room.

Went to the Dr today. Not only does he have the flu (and it's assumed to be H1N1), but he also has pneumonia. Boy, that was a quick complication. And Dr Kaye got it right on the pink eye.

Geesh, no wonder he's so miserable. Hope he gets well soon. Can they give him anything for the flu? At least he has good care!

Best,

Dave

Kaye, I'm sorry to hear that he's so sick.

Here, maybe this will cheer you both up. :D I took this photo of an ad for a husband on a wall in the lady's bathroom at an airport in Canada.

Attachments

• Picture 066 (670 x 746).jpg
    Picture 066 (670 x 746).jpg
    170.7 KB · Views: 48
Kaye - he's laying in bed moaning about how much pain he is in. whining and making your life a pain.

hold his medicine in one hand, in clear view, and say "I learn to fly gliders or you don't get this" :D

I had both flu shots this year. The H1N1 about three weeks ago.

Two weeks to the day after the H1N1 WITHOUT any sense of illness at all, I developed a 48 hour dry hacking bronchitic cough. Then it was gone.

I think the vaccines changed my disease severity, though the H1N1 was NOT soon enough to prevent the illness.

hold his medicine in one hand, in clear view, and say "I learn to fly gliders or you don't get this" :D

Just curious; Is someone a bad person if that inspires one to have a cunning plan if a friend gets sick at some point?

<--- Not actually wishing or wanting someone to get the plague...I'm just kind of, um, curious about how long I'll have to be in the boiling tar pits in the underworld when they finally do catch something.

I've written elsewhere about my friend with H1N1 and pneumonia. They were giving him 50% chance of survival. Not something to play with. Good news is that he's back at work and doing well.

I've written elsewhere about my friend with H1N1 and pneumonia. They were giving him 50% chance of survival. Not something to play with. Good news is that he's back at work and doing well.

They do that so you won't complain about the bill...

They do that so you won't complain about the bill...
LOL! Actually, he was unconscious for days and on a ventilator. Don't think he was going to be complaining about a bill!

Kaye, glad hubby's being cared for. :yes:

Kaye, I'm sorry to hear that he's so sick.

Here, maybe this will cheer you both up. :D I took this photo of an ad for a husband on a wall in the lady's bathroom at an airport in Canada.

hmmmmmmmmm............:D

Kaye - he's laying in bed moaning about how much pain he is in. whining and making your life a pain.

You should have seen him last night when I got home with his drugs......sitting at the top of the stairs looking absolutely pathetic.

And I know he'll just claim that he was delirious and has no recollection of agreeing to gliders. ;)

I had both flu shots this year. The H1N1 about three weeks ago.

Two weeks to the day after the H1N1 WITHOUT any sense of illness at all, I developed a 48 hour dry hacking bronchitic cough. Then it was gone.

I think the vaccines changed my disease severity, though the H1N1 was NOT soon enough to prevent the illness.

Karl got the regular flu shot, but not H1N1. He's pretty sure he participated in a "volunteer program" for swine flu while in the Army back in the 70's. Guess it didn't work.

My brother just called me and told me he's had the H1N1 since Sunday. He does contract work for me (designing logos and such), and he called to explain why he's been unreachable the past few days. I saw him on Thanksgiving and he looked a bit green around the gills. I guess that was why.

I'm pretty sure I had it the last weekend of October. My niece Melissa had it, and I started experiencing the same symptoms a few days later. But my symptoms passed by Monday, so I never got around to seeing the doc. Melissa, on the other hand, was sick for the better part of the week. I hear it's much more serious in children.

-Rich

Kaye, I don't want to be the one who breaks it to you, but.......

he's milking it. Big time.

:D:D:D:D:D

(only kidding. Seems like you are a good nurse. :smile:)

Oddly enough, the genome of this H1N1 has some similarities to a postwar strain. The older population has just enough immune "memory" of this exposure that they are not getting hit too badly. It's the younger adults and kids who are getting slammed.

Oddly enough, the genome of this H1N1 has some similarities to a postwar strain. The older population has just enough immune "memory" of this exposure that they are not getting hit too badly. It's the younger adults and kids who are getting slammed.
That theory is a reasonable explanation for the demographics. I presume you mean post WWII rather than post Viet Nam.

Ah, that would explain it. Thanks.

Now that I think about it, wasn't there an outbreak in the mid-1970's? I seem to remember then-president Gerald Ford rolling up his sleeve to get inoculated on national TV.

-Rich

There is a lot of bad information about the 1970s strain.
Prior exposure may or may not provide protection. Immunological "memory" from exposure or vaccination 30+ years ago is very unpredictable. A person vaccinated may or may not have any residual immunity.

I got seasonal and H1N1 (as a health provider), and as the emergency manager I am strongly recommending the residents in my community to get vaccinated.

One of the things that kills me is the perception that H1N1 vaccine is some kind of experiment. It's just a flu vaccine. If H1N1 had presented itself a few months earlier, they simply would added it into the seasonal flu vaccine.
Unfortunately, the seasonal flu vaccine mix was already locked in and in production, so they had to do a separate production run of H1N1 vaccine.

Went to the Dr today. Not only does he have the flu (and it's assumed to be H1N1), but he also has pneumonia. Boy, that was a quick complication. And Dr Kaye got it right on the pink eye.

Better shoot him now. :rofl:

Wasn't there an outbreak in the mid-1970's? I seem to remember then-president Gerald Ford rolling up his sleeve to get inoculated on national TV.

-Rich

There is a lot of bad information about the 1970s strain.
Prior exposure may or may not provide protection. Immunological "memory" from exposure or vaccination 30+ years ago is very unpredictable. A person vaccinated may or may not have any residual immunity.

I was vacinated in the 70's when I was in the service. It was manditory. So far, so good. The only bad thing about the vaccine I can tell is 30 years later it gave me a weird desire to fly alot. :rofl:

Back