Bluetooth receiver for iPad?

SkyVoyager

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
SkyVoyager
I'd like to take advantage of the audio alerts provided by Foreflight without adding any additional cables (well, at least minimize). My intercom has a music input, so I thought about adding something like this:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1389517282&pf_rd_i=507846

I was wondering if anyone had any experience doing this in their planes and if there was a product that was recommended...

Thanks!

I know it is not what you are asking, but a Lightspeed Zulu headset would give you the Bluetooth interface, but wouldn't go through your intercom.

I know it is not what you are asking, but a Lightspeed Zulu headset would give you the Bluetooth interface, but wouldn't go through your intercom.

Yeah, probably not. I already have the Bose Aviation X headset, so that's probably more than I wanted to spend! :)

Does the Bose X have aux input capability? It seem like that would be a better hassle free connection method.

I'd like to take advantage of the audio alerts provided by Foreflight without adding any additional cables (well, at least minimize). My intercom has a music input, so I thought about adding something like this:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1389517282&pf_rd_i=507846

I was wondering if anyone had any experience doing this in their planes and if there was a product that was recommended...

Thanks!
As long as the output level is acceptable that ought to work just fine.

Thanks!

Don't know how that would work but I have used it in the air to listen to Music from Iphone 5 and Bose A20 plugged to this device it works GR8 !

My Sennheiser S1 has bluetooth music and phone, the $1000 option. I have my Ipad linked to it so I hear the Foreflight runway warnings and can play my Itunes if I wish.

The only issue I see is that the bluetooth device that your considering has a 3.5 MM stereo plug on it and most of the inputs to audio panels are mono. You might want to verify that..... Worst case is you add a stereo to mono adapter

The only issue I see is that the bluetooth device that your considering has a 3.5 MM stereo plug on it and most of the inputs to audio panels are mono. You might want to verify that..... Worst case is you add a stereo to mono adapter
Actually, many intercoms and virtually all audio panels with a built in intercom have stereo capability if you wire them with 3 conductor headphone jacks. And on all of those the music input can and should be wired for stereo. BTW, IME the most common input connector for music input to an intercom is a 3.5mm stereo jack.

Actually, many intercoms and virtually all audio panels with a built in intercom have stereo capability if you wire them with 3 conductor headphone jacks. And on all of those the music input can and should be wired for stereo. BTW, IME the most common input connector for music input to an intercom is a 3.5mm stereo jack.

We need a gratuitous reposting of David White's BeeGees video here.

Grumble...grumble...grumble...!!!!

You have taken me from considering a $24.99 item to a $249 item.

Only in aviation!!!!!

Try the $25 option first and if it doesn't work go for the other one.

A $25 gamble is worth the possible savings IMO.

Back