bluetooth HUD

GeorgeC

Administrator
Management Council Member
Display Name

Display name:
GeorgeC
I wonder how long it will be before a generic version of Garmin's bluetooth HUD will be used for GA applications...

It does have it's own glass projection surface.

It's too bad the SDK/protocol isn't published.

I'm more interested to see how Google Glass can be used in aviation.

I'm more interested to see how Google Glass can be used in aviation.

I see Google Glass being of particular use in control towers. Give the controller a cue of where in the sky to look, and then when he has the target in his field of view, show the radar datablock (sorta like what we see on the TV show "Person of Interest")

The HUD's advantage is it's cheap and apparently available (unlike Google Glass). The downside is no SDK published and it's a VFD display, which means you likely can't do custom graphics... just what Garmin gave you.

I share your thoughts however on Google Glass. My immediate interest is airspeed and AOA information... anything that requires eye's outside cockpit like the landing flare yet is good info to have.

It does have it's own glass projection surface.

Um, no, the link says it uses the windshield as a projection surface.

BTW, the Torque app for smartphones can do the same thing with vehicle engine/system parameters. Just put your smartphone on the dash, and it projects HUD information onto the window. Obviously works best at night.

Jeff

"It does have it's own glass projection surface. "

Um, no, the link says it uses the windshield as a projection surface.

Um, yes, look again. Mentions "or an attached reflector lens" in the body of the text posted, says "Reflector lens" in the "what's in the box tab" off the posted link, mentions it in the video describing the product (I queued it for you) and it's pictured in the second image of the product.

hud-lifestyle-2.jpg

Back