"Blue Streak" call sign?

poadeleted3

Pattern Altitude
I've got Philly approach playing on my computer while I'm puttering around the house, and keep hearing them issue instructions to "Blue Streak ##" Just curious who uses the Blue Streak call sign?

Joe Williams said:
I've got Philly approach playing on my computer while I'm puttering around the house, and keep hearing them issue instructions to "Blue Streak ##" Just curious who uses the Blue Streak call sign?

PSA Airlines/USAirways Express

How does one go about getting a call sign. I suspect you have to be military or a scheduled commercial carrier. Does anyone know? Man I could think of some cool call signs I'd like to use.

Joe Williams said:

I used to fly for them from '87 to '89 when they flew Jetstream 31's. The call sign came about because they were painted white with blue trim. I suppose the "Bluestreak" was because they were "fast". The reality was they were about 20 - 30 knots slower than the Metroliner. But they were much more comfortable from a passenger standpoint. Although they were both noisy.

Back