Blue Mountain Avionics User's Group

Discussion in 'Home Builders and Sport Pilots' started by sonex293, Jul 26, 2012.

1. sonex293

sonex293 Filing Flight Plan

Display Name:

Display name:
    sonex293
    Hey Guys,

I know a few of you are still flying behind Blue Mountain Avionics EFIS systems. I too have one of the orphaned systems in my aircraft. Up until recently, Greg has been keeping the User Discussion group going on his website. We'll it finally went away and now there's no dedicated site for us to discuss issues and/or solutions with other users of the equipment. I decided to create a Yahoo! Group dedicated to the BMA equipment. If you would like to join, it can be found at...

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BMA_Users/

Again, this has no connection to Greg or the ex- BMA company, just a site for Users to talk to Users.

==
    Michael Crowder
    Sonex N293SX

Flying with an EFIS/Lite Plus and it's working really nicely.

2. Geico266

Geico266 Touchdown! Greaser!

Display Name:

Display name:
    Geico
    A very sad chapter in aviation. A superior product, superior engineering, designed by a very smart guy, that had no business sense at all. :no:

3. Velocity173

Velocity173 Final Approach PoA Supporter

Display Name:

Display name:
    Velocity173
    Heard the exact same thing from guys who worked for him. Said he was brilliant but he couldn't accept any criticism when it came to anything. Therefore some of the early products went out with software flaws. My panel is all BMA but I sure wouldn't recommend it.

4. Geico266

Geico266 Touchdown! Greaser!

Display Name:

Display name:
    Geico
    I had serial number 6 of the first Gen, gold box in a RV9a. Beautiful screen, terrain detail 10 years ago that is still unmatched by today's standards, but you had to be a computer programmer to run it. Made Dynon look like a Commodore 64 by comparison. I loved it, until it came to customer service. It sucked at BM.

Greg had the opportunity to sell the company, and the technology to several companies, but refused. He paid the price for not recognizing his failings as a poor business man. As an inventor and IT guy he is second to none.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2012
  5. CharlieTango

CharlieTango Line Up and Wait

Display Name:

Display name:
    CharlieTango
    I'm still flying with a BMA EFIS/AP. Greg got me a fix when my unit displayed everything shifted 17 degrees, that was a couple of years ago and haven't heard from him since. He was then selling remote systems to monitor the environment in marijuana grow houses.