Want To Buy Blue lens for Cherokee

Timbeck2

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Timbeck2
I would like to buy a blue semi-circle lens for my overhead light which for now, is red. Piper Cherokee 140.

If I bought different color bulbs I would have to find a clear lens.

I'm not talking about the dome light, which is white on mine as well. I'm talking about the smaller light that comes on when you turn on the nav lights. Its in the forward housing of my overhead console. I have a speaker, a dome light and the one in question on mine.

This is what I'm talking about but I don't need the whole assembly, just the blue lens.

s-l225.jpg

I'm not talking about the dome light, which is white on mine as well. I'm talking about the smaller light that comes on when you turn on the nav lights. Its in the forward housing of my overhead console. I have a speaker, a dome light and the one in question on mine.
Ah....I removed the entire overhead center plastic unit and took the little red plastic cover out. Go to any hobby store or big box, buy a small piece of clear plastic or lexan, over to the office supply store for a blue permanent marker. Cut the plastic to fit, color the plastic, insert into the overhead with glue or tape, re-install overhead cover. Done. Cheap. Feel free to change colors any time.

Never thought about that...hmmm. Although mine is red glass, I guess that little bulb which is LED now doesn't get hot enough to melt the lexan. Good idea.

I would like to buy a blue semi-circle lens for my overhead light which for now, is red. Piper Cherokee 140.
I'd keep it red, as that's the best color for not trashing night vision if you happen to glance at it. You could put in brighter bulbs (or get some really "hot" red LEDs and leave the cover off.)

I don't look directly at it as it is above and behind my head when its on.

But why? Flew a Cherokee with the blue version, it's even more annoying than red.

I have factory blue lights in my truck and I like them a lot. They're not annoying for me. Obviously there was an option at some point or they wouldn't be out there...somewhere, I just need to find one.

Walt, will do.

Back