Blue Angels Photos

gibbons

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
iRide
A friend of mine sent me some Blue Angels photos. I haven't seen any of them before and thought I'd share some. Stop me if you've seen 'em before.

Chip

Last edited:
Re: Blue Angles Photos

Everytime I see the Angels I get all choked up...everytime...for over 30 years. I'm glad they're on our side.

Chip, what's going on in that 2nd shot WRT difference in bank angle?

Thanks for posting.

Nice photos Chip! Thanks for the post. We'll have to get the 750 and the Extra in a tucked up bank together and get some pics! :)

Bones said:
Nice photos Chip! Thanks for the post. We'll have to get the 750 and the Extra in a tucked up bank together and get some pics! :)
I suspect you're kidding but wouldn't you have to be near Vso for that to happen?

Richard said:
Chip, what's going on in that 2nd shot WRT difference in bank angle?
Thanks for posting.
I'm not exactly sure Richard. I can't see the pilot very well but it looks like he's looking right rather than at the lead, so he's probably breaking away from the formation.

Last edited:

Richard said:
Everytime I see the Angels I get all choked up...everytime...for over 30 years. I'm glad they're on our side.

Me too! I've seen the Blues every single year except one since I was about 5 years old. (I grew up just down the road from NAS Mainside Pensacola)

I've seen them fly in every AC type from the F-11 Tiger on.

Better formation flying than these guys...

Attachments

• F16-TBird-Chicago-2005-1.jpg
    F16-TBird-Chicago-2005-1.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 8
  • F16-TBird-Chicago-2005-4.jpg
    F16-TBird-Chicago-2005-4.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 6
Blue angels are awesome.

Unfortunately I still have trouble thinking of them without hearing the voice of Stephen Coonts' Cannibal Queen in my head.... Anybody else read that?

Back