Blogging

Terry

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Terry
Hi All:

I am thinking of starting my on blog. How do people find "your blog?" I do my wife's web page and I have Keywords, search engines, and several other programs. Can you search for a person's blog with a search engine?

Next question. I pay $14.95 for Arlene's, my wife, web page. It has front page extensions and I am pleased. I am thinking of starting my own web page. What is the difference if i go , say with a $5.00 site. Are their servers harder to find? Why are their rates so much cheaper?

Thanks;

Terry

In general, blogging works like a diary unless you somehow get a famous blog going. People don't tend to read blogs. You can set one up on livejournal or myspace to get the most exposure though.

Terry said:
Hi All:

I am thinking of starting my on blog. How do people find "your blog?" I do my wife's web page and I have Keywords, search engines, and several other programs. Can you search for a person's blog with a search engine?

Next question. I pay $14.95 for Arlene's, my wife, web page. It has front page extensions and I am pleased. I am thinking of starting my own web page. What is the difference if i go , say with a $5.00 site. Are their servers harder to find? Why are their rates so much cheaper?

Thanks;

Terry
You can set up a blog on your own $2.99 a month hosting site, but why not get a free one from a site like blogger or typepad? With those you don't have to worry about setting up the blog software.

How much you pay has no bearing on how people will find the site. Every address is equally findable. What varies is how high you'd be ranked in a seaqrch engine like Google for searchwords. If you come up with a unique name for your blog you'll always be findable by that once a googlebot indexes your site.

Last edited:
I use blogger. I also managed to get a listing on Delaware Online Today, our local newspaper. I didn't really care if people read it, I just wanted a way to track my lessons and now our travels. The family and friends read it and ask questions about our trip journal.

Back