BJC-CUT or RAP; 4x in 2 weeks

gkainz

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Greg Kainz
Well, looks like my 5th driving trip from Denver to Custer or Rapid City is looming large today. Renting SUCKS! 2 trips would have been drive anyway because of weather, but 2 trips were drive not fly because I didn't know how long I would need to stay in SD, so I drove.
My dad's recovering (finally! YEAH!) from acute pancreatitus brought on by gallstone obstructions of the pancreas on Christmas Eve and has been in ICU in Rapid City since then. He was just upgraded from critical to stable yesterday. This morning I got a call that my Mom went into the hospital in Custer last night with atrial fibrillation, which she's been struggling with for a couple of years. My sister and brother in law live close and have been real troopers in being our first reponders for them, but they're burning out and need help, so looks like I'm heading north again.

Can't think of a single helpful thing to say Greg, except your family has my prayers and well-wishes - and you have my condolences over an aggravating drive... be careful out on that ice. Stay in touch.

Sorry to hear that Greg. If you need to fly up for just a day, let me know. We can take the Tiger. Just give me a little notice and if I'm not travelling for business, I'd be happyy to.

Back