Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Graueradler
Name: RV-8 N881GP
Date: 3 Dec. 2006 ~11:30
Place: Front Range

All vital signs straight and true!

AWESOME!! Welcome to the "RV grin" owners club! That first 40hrs will come off in a heartbeat! It'll be a hoot!

-Chris
(getting ready to go get RV-7A from dad tonight so I can finish up IR soon)

congratulations to you and your son!! I'm looking hard at a Ragwing Stork - I was looking at Sonex, but I'm just not into working with aluminum right now (kinda want to mess with wood).

Great job - enjoy!!

Rolled out for first flight (Photo). Wheel pants removed because of the snow.

Attachments

• DSC00447.JPG
    DSC00447.JPG
    147.2 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:
Hey thats nice! His RV has the tailwheel in the right place! (nudge nudge Chris)

He only has 25 hrs.!!

Ahhh.. He must be running a certified engine? It will REALLY come off fast, then. You can knock that out in two days if you don't have to de-cowl for something!

Good luck to him! When are you gonna get a ride? ;)

-Chris

Rolled out for first flight (Photo). Wheel pants removed because of the snow.

Ahhh... What a beauty. I like the simple yet classy paint scheme. I'm gettin sick of the RV's that show up with all the airbrushing and other 'stuff' - especially when the 'art' doesn't have any meaning to the person flying.

ANYWHO.. I notice there is no 'snoot' under the cowl for the carb intake. Must be running the 200hp IO-360?? Ahhh.. What a FUN toy!

-Chris

ANYWHO.. I notice there is no 'snoot' under the cowl for the carb intake. Must be running the 200hp IO-360?? Ahhh.. What a FUN toy!

-Chris

Right - an IO-360 with CS Prop. It is a serious cross country IFR machine. He could have bought a Cherokee like mine for what he spent on the panel. UPSAT CNS-80 and other goodies, Dual electric bus, no vacuum system.

Weather conditions are looking good for getting some more flying in this weekend.

Check out page 12 of the Januarary issue of Fly-Low. It should be arriving at your local airport soon.

I'd say that was a totally happy RV pilot! Congrats again and wish you many happy and safe hours with your new wing-friend!

Just got my first ride in the "baby".

what a sweet ride!!! Greg flew it down from Denver Front Range to Russellville, AR for a visit. Took 3 hrs and 10 minutes - verifiable on Flightaware. The tail wind helped but that is fantastic time for a 200HP four banger. When I flew the same trip in my Cherokee, the round trip showed 15 hours on the Hobbs.

Very nice man, I've thought about building an RV myself, but don't really know if it's suitable for my mission.

Awesome! Glad you finally got a ride. We'll get to fight your son's favorable tailwinds as headwinds tomorrow when we take the RV-7A to Vegas. It'll be nice to be able to get up to altitude to catch the push on the way back, though. :)

Back