Billy Mays Dead

He is a really annoying infomercial pitchman. Fastest way to make me switch a channel is to have him start screaming about some stupid product.
That's probably why I don't know who he is. I don't do much channel surfing to begin with and I definitely wouldn't stop on one which is showing someone screaming about a product.

He is a really annoying infomercial pitchman. Fastest way to make me switch a channel is to have him start screaming about some stupid product.

Yep -- he might have been the nicest guy ever, but his high-amp shout caused instant paroxysms: "Where's the mute! Hit the mute!!"

The Hillsborough County medical examiner gave preliminary indications today into what may have led to Billy Mays' death.

And according to Medical Examiner Vern Adams, Mays' death may have been linked to heart disease.
Officials said there were no signs of injuries to Mays' body no signs of any prescription drug abuse. Medical examiners said hypertensive heart disease was discovered in Mays' body.
http://www.baynews9.com/content/36/...utopsy+shows+no+injuries+in+Billy+Mays'+death

He had 3 hips?

No, he had 4 and was going in for the fifth.

The 4th and 5th were FREE if you ordered in the next 10 minutes - just pay processing, shipping, and handling!

//Yes. I know I used the same joke twice. The second time is totally FREE - just pay processing, shipping and handling.

Yep -- he might have been the nicest guy ever, but his high-amp shout caused instant paroxysms: "Where's the mute! Hit the mute!!"

I had a Billy Mays on a recording of my TiVo.

The Jupiter Jack!! Works with any phone! Just tune your FM radio to 99.6....
Only $19.95 and if you order now we'll throw in a free ($1) phone holder!

1) There's nothing for the talking side, but hey, if you're Billy they can hear you without a phone
2) Anybody who has used an FM transmitter knows that even teh ones that have 12 different frequencies only work for a short while before you get a real station interfering. Imagine having no such capability.

I read that Billy's $19.95 Awesome Auger costs $80 with all of the "free" accessories after 3 rounds of "Just pay processing, shipping, and handling."

I always wondering if they ever discussed such ripoffs on "Pitchmen."

rkmu6x.jpg

I thought the ESPN commercials were funny. Showed that he had a sense of humor about his style.

RIP

Seemed like a decent guy, whether you liked the act or not. What a shame.

He was a really nice guy. One of my friends sat next to him on a flight from Tampa to DC once and said he was cracking jokes the whole way. I feel for his family....

Anyone with a good sense of humor probally wouldn't mind our craking jokes at his passing. Death is just a part of life.

May his family find peace and some smiles while remembering his life...

It's so good it needs repeating:

flyingcheesehead said:
They say that celebrity deaths come in threes - Ed McMahon, Farrah Fawcett, and Michael Jackson, for example - But Billy Mays just had to throw in ONE MORE, ABSOLUTELY FREE!!! :rofl:

But wait, there's more.

Looks like he was a coke head
An official autopsy report released Friday found that cocaine use contributed to the heart disease that suddenly killed TV pitchman Billy Mays in June

While heart disease was the primary cause of his death, the medical examiner listed cocaine as a "contributory cause of death."

The medical examiner "concluded that cocaine use caused or contributed to the development of his heart disease, and thereby contributed to his death," the office said in a press release.

The office said Mays last used cocaine in the few days before his death but was not under the influence of the drug when he died. Hillsborough County spokeswoman Lori Hudson said nothing in the toxicology report indicated the frequency of Mays' cocaine use.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/entertainment/sns-ap-us-billy-mays,0,3779585.story

Stupid.

Very very STUPID!

Well, that explains the hyperness of his adds...

This is news? He lived in Florida, stole from innocent and trusting people, and made oodles of money.

Wow, didn't know "living in Florida" was a crime now, as also "making oodles of money"......:eek:

And if Mr. Mays "stole from innocent and trusting people" why wasn't this reported to the police? Of course you have proof of this?......:frown2:

Last edited:

Still doesn't explain how Floridians are evil as you tried to claim. Your post actually comes across more as "wealth envy" than concern for people that are foolish enough to buy junk from Infomercials.

This is news? He lived in Florida, stole from innocent and trusting people, and made oodles of money.

Also, no one had a gun placed to their head to buy any of this stuff. They picked their phones up and made the order.

It's called "Buyer Beware".

Still doesn't explain how Floridians are evil as you tried to claim. Your post actually comes across more as "wealth envy" than concern for people that are foolish enough to buy junk from Infomercials.
Yeah. Too much Burn Notice last night.

Back