Big tower, small Cessna

Everskyward

Experimenter
Display Name

Display name:
Everskyward
Anyone have any guesses as to where this is? :)

Attachments

• DSC00410.JPG
    DSC00410.JPG
    33 KB · Views: 108
For some reason it makes me think of Mid-American / Mid-Continent airport that's south of STL. Nice big new airport without much activity that I see when driving by around Thanksgiving/Christmas time.

atlanta hartsfield jackson intl airport?
Sorry. If it was KATL I would have had to photoshop out all the other airplanes!
An old B-52 base?
Very very cold. This is a new airport.
For some reason it makes me think of Mid-American / Mid-Continent airport that's south of STL.
Try again, although nice big new airport without much activity accurately describes this one.

I took the picture because I thought it deserved a caption or something... :dunno:

atlanta hartsfield jackson intl airport?
The new tower at Hartsfield International Airport makes that tower look like a midget. Plus, it's round with numerous levels.

Sorry, I don't recognize Jackson as being a worthy namesake for the airport.

I don't know where that is, but I like the photo.
A wild guess....FLG?

A wild guess....FLG?
No, but at 6296 feet in elevation it is getting close to the elevation of FLG. Another hint. The one and only runway it has is in excess of 11,000 feet long.

MMTO

The only option I can find with that length of runway, the only runway at that elevation and with a tower.

MMTO

The only option I can find with that length of runway, the only runway at that elevation and with a tower.
Toluca is actually a couple thousand feet higher but you are very close! This airport only opened a few years ago. The old airport was on a plateau with a much smaller runway.

Last edited:
Toluca is actually a couple thousand feet higher but you are very close! This airport only opened a few years ago. The old airport was on a plateau with a much smaller runway.
That leaves MMMM... How about it?

That leaves MMMM... How about it?

I checked MMM and the only tower photo I could find didn't match. And the elevation is low. Data I found might be for the old airport though. Rwy length was good. Closest I could find though.

That there would be MMQT...
Yes! You must've done lots of research to figure that one out!

FlyNE said:
So I'm curious what this hath to do with Mari... were you there??
Yes to that too... yesterday. It's Queretaro, Mexico which I had never heard of before a few days ago. They built a huge new airport a couple years ago. Guess they are hoping for more traffic! Queretaro is an interesting city. We were able to go downtown for lunch and our driver showed up the sights. Here is a picture of me and the Fountain of Dogs (I think that's what the driver called it).

Attachments

• Queretaro.jpg
    Queretaro.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 18
Here is a picture of me and the Fountain of Dogs (I think that's what the driver called it).
Was Michael Vick there? :D

I was using AOPA's airport directory. MMQT isn't listed at all or I would have found it earlier. :(

Was Michael Vick there? :D
I said "dogs" not "d......" <slap> Best not type that here but it rhymes with his name.

I was using AOPA's airport directory. MMQT isn't listed at all or I would have found it earlier. :(
I'm looking at an AOPA directory and it doesn't have any airports in Mexico. :confused:

I said "dogs" not "d......" <slap> Best not type that here but it rhymes with his name.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I'm looking at an AOPA directory and it doesn't have any airports in Mexico. :confused:
They had these on their site: MMUN, MMGL, MMMX, MMTO & MMMM for runways at or over 11,000 feet.

There are a couple dozen in all listed for Mexico. But, MMQT isn't listed at all.

This came up on the flight planner:
Queretaro, MEX
N 20° 37.0' W100° 11.1' Magnetic Variation: 6.7°E
Elevation: 6296'
Public, Control Tower, IFR, No Fee, Rotating Beacon, Customs
Fuel: 100-130, Jet
Time Zone Info: Mexico City Time GMT-6:00 uses DST
And, this came up for a referral for more airport data:
IDENTIFIER = MMQT was not found. Please check the identifier, and resubmit.
AOPA is falling down on the job!

They had these on their site: MMUN, MMGL, MMMX, MMTO & MMMM for runways at or over 11,000 feet.
Ahh OK, I was looking at their book, not their site. I was pretty sure their book does not list Mexican airports because I have checked before.

Back