Big Creek Id. trip with my daughter

Bob Bement

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Bob Bement
One of the memorial flights I have taken, was a trip into Big Creek Idaho. My Daughter Beckie was along as my co-pilot. It was the 3rd of July and the road into Big Creek wasn't open yet (to much snow). we planned to eat at the Lodge, but it was closed. We walked down to the Bed and breakfast( about 3/4 of a mile) to get coffee and something to eat. It was a beautiful day and a great trip. We saw about 20 head of elk on the walk. Big Creek (U60) is a great place to fly into. A great grass strip 5743' MSL at the runway.

Attachments

• Bob bement and daughter Beckie at BiG Creel Id. in 9054N.jpg
    Bob bement and daughter Beckie at BiG Creel Id. in 9054N.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 54
Great trip, Bob. Flying with your daughter has to be wonderful. I can't really tell but somehow that prop looks bigger than typical.

Great trip, Bob. Flying with your daughter has to be wonderful. I can't really tell but somehow that prop looks bigger than typical.

I think it was the standard size prop for a 182. The only thing not standard is the cam shaft in the engine. Yes, you are right about flying with the daughter. That was a special time for sure.:goofy:

...maybe we see that sweet 182 at Gaston's again?

...maybe we see that sweet 182 at Gaston's again?
Spike---- I would love to return to Gastons again, but my son and his wife have been transfered from IL. to Az. so it looks doubtful if we will return. I really enjoyed all of you in 2005. But the price of fuel and a retired school teachers income don't add up to equal Gastons in 2007. Sorry.:mad:

One of the memorial flights I have taken, was a trip into Big Creek Idaho. My Daughter Beckie was along as my co-pilot. It was the 3rd of July and the road into Big Creek wasn't open yet (to much snow). we planned to eat at the Lodge, but it was closed. We walked down to the Bed and breakfast( about 3/4 of a mile) to get coffee and something to eat. It was a beautiful day and a great trip. We saw about 20 head of elk on the walk. Big Creek (U60) is a great place to fly into. A great grass strip 5743' MSL at the runway.

What did you think of the B&B and surroundings, Bob?

What did you think of the B&B and surroundings, Bob?

Dave----

It was fine, but we didn't stay there overnite we just had breakfast there. There is a small creek that runs by it and it is real pretty. They have a big fire pit to enjoy in the evening. The meal we had was fine. I don't know if the same people still run the place. It was called Killigans or something like that. Bob

Hey Bob nice story! I enjoy dreaming about that idyllic Mountain flying on a sunny spring or summer day. I recall the stories you posted of flying with your brother as well. Tailwinds and CAVU.

Hey Bob nice story! I enjoy dreaming about that idyllic Mountain flying on a sunny spring or summer day. I recall the stories you posted of flying with your brother as well. Tailwinds and CAVU.
If you ever get out this way get in touch and I would love to go flying with you into the back country. Yes, My brother Ronnie still loves to go flying with me. Only thing is he insists that we have to fly " low and slow".
A picture of my favorite co-pilot Ronnie.

Attachments

• My copilot Ron.JPG
    My copilot Ron.JPG
    196 KB · Views: 12
I wish that wasn't so far away from Georgia. It looks to be a fun area to fly!

I will always remember my first flight with my daughter. We were both thrilled!

Back