Big brother is watching... From 8000 feet....

Hasn't the FBI been flying surveillance since at least the late 1980s. I remember often hearing the call signs Idaho 45 and Ross 45 over Denver. Someone told me they were FBI, but maybe they were pulling my leg. @denverpilot , had you heard of these airplanes?

Hasn't the FBI been flying surveillance since at least the late 1980s. I remember often hearing the call signs Idaho 45 and Ross 45 over Denver. Someone told me they were FBI, but maybe they were pulling my leg. @denverpilot , had you heard of these airplanes?

Yup. People track all sorts of surveillance aircraft on FlightAware. They’re not exactly a secret.

I was joking about the privately held Sierra Nevada Corp because they freak the hell out of anyone has a camera anywhere near their secret squirrel hangar at APA or in COS where they simply hang cameras and radio gear from all sorts of brand new Cessnas for all the TLAs on lucrative contracts. On public airports.

Another buddy had a SNC person in another state freak out when he taxiied past their hangar with cameras mounted all over the outside of his Skyhawk for YouTube footage. LOL.

Then you just walk inside to their parts counter and look through the giant window instead.

LOL.

“I need a Nav lightbulb for my 182...” lol. My deep cover story for seeing their big secret Cessnas with cell phone stingers with a belly covered in antennas and $200,000 camera pods on the strut. LOL LOL LOL.

“How to turn a camera pod and a screwdriver into $50,000 in pure profit...”

Yup. People track all sorts of surveillance aircraft on FlightAware. They’re not exactly a secret.
I meant had you specifically heard anything about Idaho 45 or Ross 45.

Heck, we were "spying" on people while doing tax mapping for counties back in Missouri. That was in the early 80s.

I meant had you specifically heard anything about Idaho 45 or Ross 45.

Heck, we were "spying" on people while doing tax mapping for counties back in Missouri. That was in the early 80s.

Ohhh specific callsigns. LOL. Nah. Haven’t even bothered to look them up for a long time now.

There’s also the State Pilatii (plural of Pilatus?) that are ostensibly for firewatch that spend most of their time shuttling politicians around and various other “callsign fun” airplanes around now that APA is a full blown military field. LOL.

Because a ramp full of F-18s makes sense in the pattern of the third busiest GA reliever in the lower 48 when there’s an Air Force base ten miles away. Hahahaha.

Because a ramp full of F-18s makes sense in the pattern of the third busiest GA reliever in the lower 48 when there’s an Air Force base ten miles away. Hahahaha.
But APA has a restaurant...

Considering the way the government does things it may be cheaper for them to buy fuel at APA instead of BKF. Remember the old retractable US Government ball point pens? The whole pen was less expensive than the refills!

Security is always another world onto itself. Sometimes it makes sense sometimes not but the rules are the rules.

Back