Beware of Jakes Pilot Shop

RV10flyer

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
RV10flyer
This just posted on VAF tonight...the 3rd person with a complaint on here...

Hello VAF Forum, I have also been ripped off by Wayne Jacques (alias Jerry) to the tune of US$1,937.12.

It started after the local RAAF Williamtown changed the rules governing some of our gliding sites in the Hunter Valley, NSW, Australia. This meant that we would be required to be licensed to use and also carry VHF radios to glide at our best sites. We all sat and passed our VHF exams and then needed radios.
Due to the unexpected cost (about AU$400 each in Australia) to my fellow club members, I searched world wide to find the best package deal on the ICOM IC-A14. Wayne was very accommodating and very polite through the whole process. I transferred the money (US$1937.12) to this account:

Wayne G Jacques
US Bank
Safeway Heritage Branch
Routing Number: xxxxxxxxxx
Acct number" xxxxxxxxxxxx

After that Wayne provided me with a tracking number and said that the order was on the way. Unfortunately for us; Wayne lied about sending the shipment and had actually 'fabricated' the shipping and tracking numbers. It took a lot of calling to international shipping companies and Wayne's bank to try and track down this money/freight. Wayne's lies eventually crumbled and he admitted committing fraud.

Wayne will never answer the phone calls I place to his shop and stopped responding to my emails. I resorted to calling the Vancouver police and after some initial phone conversations I have been in continual email contact with Officer Ron Stevens. He is doing the best he can to help me, but unfortunately the laws in Washington state mean that the criminal prosecutor cannot act on a civil business transaction.

The reason for my posting here is that I wanted any help that some of you might be able to offer on how I can pursue Wayne Jacques for a refund or delivery of goods. At the moment, he has stolen the money and apparently cannot be forced to refund.
All help welcomed. Thank you all in advance
Joshua

why would you send money by wire? Any legit business takes money by credit cards . . .

He got some with credit cards too. You just have to come up with 5 weeks of good excuses. I got shafted for a $1224 wood burning stove by ordering with a check. They cashed my check along with 60 others then filed bankruptcy. It was one of three well known stores in the area advertised on TV. Companies around here all the time file bankruptcy and start back up under a different name the next week. Be careful who and how you pay before services or products are rendered.

He got some with credit cards too. You just have to come up with 5 weeks of good excuses.

There is no such thing. Around week 2 of a charge with no product, I ask the retailer to refund my money until the product ships (I think that's the law anyway), and week 3 I am calling my credit card company and disputing the charge.

As for helping you, I will leave it up to those who know more about these kinds of things. Thanks to my technique above, I have never had to deal with it. That really sucks man. I hope you get your money back, and that guy gets what's coming to him.

There is no such thing. Around week 2 of a charge with no product, I ask the retailer to refund my money until the product ships (I think that's the law anyway), and week 3 I am calling my credit card company and disputing the charge.

As for helping you, I will leave it up to those who know more about these kinds of things. Thanks to my technique above, I have never had to deal with it. That really sucks man. I hope you get your money back, and that guy gets what's coming to him.

You have 60 days from the date of the statement to dispute a credit card charge.

If enough people contact Officer Ron Stevens, he may be inclined to look into criminal fraud charges.

And it's always a good idea to file a report w/ the state's attorney general's office. If they see a trend.....

You have 60 days from the date of the statement to dispute a credit card charge.

If enough people contact Officer Ron Stevens, he may be inclined to look into criminal fraud charges.

You have 60 days from the failure of the service o be delivered. . . .

I should have found this post BEFORE I purchased and paid for $140 worth of stuff (good thing it was a small amount).

I just couldn't believe the nice world of aviation to have such bad intended people. I don't understand how a person can enjoy life by doing this...

Just sad... and wanted to post that they're still fully operationall in 2013!

Things I should have suspected:

Credit card are not accepted on their site (due to technical issues... right!). That's why they use "Spartans Essentials" to process credit cards;

When I faxed my credit card, I also asked the possibility to have it shipped by DHL using my account (I wanted my stock fast)... No answer... Just received a "shipping confirmation" a week later;

After 2 weeks, I e-mailed to have a tracking and I've been e-mailed a fake one. They told me they sent it to the address I gave them but as it was a hotel and that I checked out, it came back to them (I asked to ship in Canada, they sent to a hotel in NY!!!)... From this moment, I understood I would not get my stuff and would have some troubles having my money back :-(

Purchase has been made and paid on May 21, 2013 and as of July 13, 2013, no credit, no tracking of the promised "replacement shipment", nothing. Wayne is getting rude in his mails too as I am complaining (politely). He doesn't understand why I complain as he says it is not their fault if they sent to the right address and that it came back (yeah right... as if I asked to ship an order to a hotel!).

A very very bad shopping experience. The worst of my life in fact!

Hope to prevent this to other well attentionned pilots and aviation maniacs!

Back