better him than me

Matthew

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Matthew
Got back from a flight this afternoon and noticed one of the FBO planes sitting on the ramp with the door open. I didn't think too much about it, but it was about 10F at the time and I thought it a bit curious.

As I was leaving the FBO and heading to my car, I noticed one of the CFIs with a wad of wet paper towels, wiping down a notebook.

That was my second clue.

He was not very happy that his student had brought his family along (who had never been in a small plane), right after a big Mexican lunch.

Got back from a flight this afternoon and noticed one of the FBO planes sitting on the ramp with the door open. I didn't think too much about it, but it was about 10F at the time and I thought it a bit curious.

As I was leaving the FBO and heading to my car, I noticed one of the CFIs with a wad of wet paper towels, wiping down a notebook.

That was my second clue.

He was not very happy that his student had brought his family along (who had never been in a small plane), right after a big Mexican lunch.

ALWAYS have at least a few sickbags in your flight bag...
I even had to use one myself once while giving a flight lesson, after food poisoning from a 5 Star restaurant! No big deal,plastic grocery bags doubled can suffice.

A CFI around here had a dual introductory flight / surprise marriage proposal on a hot, bumpy July afternoon go terribly, terribly wrong. :vomit:

A CFI around here had a dual introductory flight / surprise marriage proposal on a hot, bumpy July afternoon go terribly, terribly wrong. :vomit:

The bright side:

It will never be forgotten! :D

Tonight was the second time I've had someone use a sick sack or garbage bag to "relieve" themselves in flight. First time the guy just had a bladder problem and we had been holding for over an hour. Tonight, the guy was **** drunk, so to speak, and couldn't make it 40 minutes to Augusta. Nightmare passenger...

Matt- guy took a leak in a lav-less aircraft?

Nas-ty!

Tonight was the second time I've had someone use a sick sack or garbage bag to "relieve" themselves in flight. First time the guy just had a bladder problem and we had been holding for over an hour. Tonight, the guy was **** drunk, so to speak, and couldn't make it 40 minutes to Augusta. Nightmare passenger...
On a flight to Tokyo we had a pax who was so sick, bladder infection, he could not go. He just wanted to get home. But he passed out on board and we had to divert to Anchorage to have an ambulance pick him up.

About 10-15 yrs ago my wife and I were visiting just outside of Philadelphia. We took one of the commuter trains into the city to do some sightseeing. I guess there were no lavs on that train and a passenger was having an emergency with an ostomy bag. I really, really felt sorry for the guy.

I have a friend who is a King Air driver. He was telling a story about one time when he had a ****-drunk passenger on a slightly turbulent day. Shortly after takeoff the pax got sick in the back of the plane. My friend was thinking, "I'm not about to let this guy throw up all over the back of my plane for the entire trip!" So, when he got up to altitude, he raised the cabin altitude until the guy passed out and slept the entire way home.

When they landed, the guy apologized and said, "I don't know what happened, I got sick and then I passed out. I have no idea why, I've never just passed out on an airplane!"

My friend was thinking to himself, "I know what happened... he he he."

I have a friend who is a King Air driver. He was telling a story about one time when he had a ****-drunk passenger on a slightly turbulent day. Shortly after takeoff the pax got sick in the back of the plane. My friend was thinking, "I'm not about to let this guy throw up all over the back of my plane for the entire trip!" So, when he got up to altitude, he raised the cabin altitude until the guy passed out and slept the entire way home.

When they landed, the guy apologized and said, "I don't know what happened, I got sick and then I passed out. I have no idea why, I've never just passed out on an airplane!"

My friend was thinking to himself, "I know what happened... he he he."

We actually discussed doing that, but it was a short enough flight that we decided we'd keep it as comfortable as we could for the other six people on the plane.

Matt- guy took a leak in a lav-less aircraft?

Nas-ty!

In dispatch we heard about stuff like that way too often...We once had a crew call to let us know a plane would probably be down for the remainder of the evening because a passenger had taken a newspaper to the back of the plane to relieve himself.......the newspaper wasn't for reading. Perhaps he was reading the in-flight magazine.

Might want to consider the type of plane you're going to be on before hitting the airport burrito stand :D

In dispatch we heard about stuff like that way too often...We once had a crew call to let us know a plane would probably be down for the remainder of the evening because a passenger had taken a newspaper to the back of the plane to relieve himself.......the newspaper wasn't for reading. Perhaps he was reading the in-flight magazine.

Might want to consider the type of plane you're going to be on before hitting the airport burrito stand :D

That's pretty much horrible.:hairraise::vomit:

Back