Best way to sell an airplane?

timrj

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Tim
I do not use my plane as much as I would like and am trying to sell it. Right now I basically just want to get rid of the monthly costs - and am not too concerned with the resale value. I think the APOA book value says 40k, but I am willing to take a lot less.

I seem to recall agencies that bought at low prices but I can't seem to find them - any suggestions?

thanks

I don't know of the agencies you're thinking of, but if you put an ad up for the right price, it will sell.

A year and a half ago, I got more responses from my aso.com ad than I did from the one posted on Controller.com. The ratio was something like 4:1 in favor of aso.

I do not use my plane as much as I would like and am trying to sell it. Right now I basically just want to get rid of the monthly costs - and am not too concerned with the resale value. I think the APOA book value says 40k, but I am willing to take a lot less.

I seem to recall agencies that bought at low prices but I can't seem to find them - any suggestions?

thanks

Ill take it off your hands. $50.

Seriously though, Ive been seeing underpriced planes selling on Barnstormers within a day or two. Called a couple sellers for details, and the plane is typically gone or someone has scheduled a pre-buy inspection.

Is it cheaper to list on barnstormers.com? Because I find it harder to browse that web site than aso.com, controller.com, or trade-a-plane.com.

it usually is cheaper, no sell no donation.

Put an ad with tear-off phone number on every FBO bulletin board within 100 miles. Savvy buyers know that local airplanes are often the easiest deals to make.

Put an ad with tear-off phone number on every FBO bulletin board within 100 miles. Savvy buyers know that local airplanes are often the easiest deals to make.

That is how I bought my first two airplanes. Both were local, and were the only planes I looked at.

Is it cheaper to list on barnstormers.com? Because I find it harder to browse that web site than aso.com, controller.com, or trade-a-plane.com.

When I was looking, barnstormers is where I looked the most - I found it easiest to browse and had the best "selection" for what I was looking for. But some of that was due to the fact that I was looking at the low cost end of the market and barnstormers was the low cost advertising solution...

Back