Best way to scan many pages from many books

bigred177

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
bigred
I have recently discovered the coolness of MS OneNote and I was reading where people scan pages from books and insert them into the note. I think that'd be a great way to avoid carrying 50lbs of books around to school every day. What would be the best way to scan 20-30 pages from each of 5 books or so? A flatbed scanner would take me years. Do those little hand-held scanners work okay for something like this?

Ha, well there you go. Here I am trying to complicate things. Do you reckon the quality would be good enough to be able to OCR some pages?

It might. I have an iPhone App that turns a photo of a page straight into a PDF.

But for 30 page stuff, I'd use a scanner with a sheet feeder. Most of the better all-in-one printers have that these days, cheap.

Digital camera, on a holder (like a tripod, I use a ring stand to hold the camera), 2 pages at a time. Using your favorite OCR software is optional.

or you just do a google search for the book you're interested in, and hit the website I saw a few weeks ago ... either in Pakistan or Afghanistan, and they had all the IT Tech books I could imagine, all scanned and served up in pdf format. Of course, I didn't save the link and don't have time to chase it down again right now.

Back