Best way to do a Zero G maneuver?

Flyxaos

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Flyxaos
To calibrate my EFIS' AOA system it asks me to float a tennis ball or something for a second or two, then push a button.

What is the best way to enter and do that maneuver?

I was going to do it, but I'm pretty sure I was entering it too slow without enough pitch up to start. Now I'm thinking it would be better to be a little below a cruise speed, then pitch up a bit more before the push. I could go play with it but since I am a keyboard warrior today I figured I would ask opinions.

Cruise speed, pitch to an attitude similar to power-on-stall attitude, then push firmly. (This is the conservative non-aerobatic way to do it.)

Cruise speed, pitch to an attitude similar to power-on-stall attitude, then push firmly. (This is the conservative non-aerobatic way to do it.)
Very good. That is kind of what I was thinking.

Thank you.

What kind of airplane is that in your profile pic? It looks pretty cool.

What kind of airplane is that in your profile pic? It looks pretty cool.
It is a 2008 Glasair Sportsman. New to me last September. I'm having fun with it

It's uses an Advanced Flight Systems AF-5400.

It has ports on top and bottom of the wing, plus the pilot tube. It asks for a zero lift calibration and then 1.1 of stall, flaps up and flaps down. The newer versions use the Dynon pitot/aoa tube.

Last edited:
It is a 2008 Glasair Sportsman. New to me last September. I'm having fun with it

It's uses an Advanced Flight Systems AF-5400.

It has ports on top and bottom of the wing, plus the pilot tube. It asks for a zero lift calibration and then 1.1 of stall, flaps up and flaps down. The newer versions use the Dynon pitot/aoa tube.

Really cool looking airplane.

Back