Best video camera without prop distortion or NFlightcam ?

Or another option is put the camera out on the wing Strut (if you have one :)) and aim it so you don't see the prop at all. I sell a mount for that if your interested. Drop me a PM if you want more info.

I actually like seeing the nose of the plane, but you can mount it so its out of the FOV if that is your preference.

Video from 172N, GoPro3 and my mount. Long video but at end there are pics of the mount.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1koRZCiJGc

Video from a 170b with 180hp mod. Drift Camera and my mount. Shorter video with nice scenery but more jello due to higher HP shaking the strut and the Drifts lower framerate.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jS8OBevdwiA

Best regards,

Marc

Or another option is put the camera out on the wing Strut (if you have one :)) and aim it so you don't see the prop at all. I sell a mount for that if your interested. Drop me a PM if you want more info.

Doesn't mounting something outside the aircraft technically require a waiver or STC? :dunno:

Doesn't mounting something outside the aircraft technically require a waiver or STC? :dunno:

Currently it is legal with the current laws. I spoke with multiple FSDO offices as well as an adviser from the AOPA and they both confirmed my findings saying my mount does not fall under the restrictions in the rules of Part 43 Apendix A since it is not a major alteration to airframe or skin.

The mount is designed for quick easy on and off and does not require any modifications to the airframe to use, nor does it require interacting with any existing holes or tie down locations on the strut or airframe. It is small and compact enough to not adversely affect the handling of the airplane in any way. I requested paperwork from the FSDO on carrying external loads and you would be surprised just what is allowed without any sort of prior approval and they're suggested means of attachment is questionable at best and my method is much more secure. Snowshoes, Rifles, XC Skiis and fishing poles are all legal to carry as external loads on a wing strut.

I will agree with you that this is a topic of contention, but as the rules are now its legit. Should the rules change I would consider going the 337 route and give prior purchasers the STC. The other companies out there mention it may require a one time logbook entry which is only mentioned to transfer responsibility to the user.

Back