Best US autopilot repair shop for a KFC-200?

peter-h

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
peter-h
A friend has one of these which doesn't hold altitude and it is suspected it is the internal barometer which has gone.

I would appreciate any leads for a repair company which is willing to work with a customer outside the USA.

The first question is what kind of autopilot is it, and the second is where is the person located?

I've had good luck with Griffin Avionics at KHYA - Hyannis, MA. They do a good job with the Century/Altimatic units. I wouldn't let them touch any maintenance stuff on my aircraft, but they're the only place I'd take the planes for autopilot work. The Aztec has an Altimatic IIIB, and the 310 has a Century III. Basically they're both the same, with a few minor changes.

Lancaster Avionics (KLNS) has a good shop as well (I'm told), and seems to be good for S-Tec autopilots.

There is enough variability from one unit to another that it's important to pick a place that is experienced with that type. For example, Griffin is the only place I know of that actually is very good with the Century/Altimatic units. S-Tecs seem to be more common and have more places that know how to work with them.

It is a KFC-200 in a Saratoga. My friend is in the UK (like me).

Autopilots Central has been pretty good (and expensive) on my Century equipment. Don't know how they are with Bendix-King. Might not hurt to give them a call, they've always been helpful on the phone with me.

Call Bob Ferguson at Autopilots Central in Tulsa, OK. He will diagnose your problem over the phone and tell you what to do.

Back