Best twin for Bush ops?

At KHYX (Saginaw Michigan) yesterday I watched the Arkansas police come in with a 337 to pick up a prisoner... Good looking late 70's model with fresh paint and a new panel...
They took this black fella from the Saginaw County Jail and changed his restraint chains out on the ramp and put him in the plane with three big officers... Now a 337 is not that big on the inside... It is in the high 90's down South and they are going to spend some 5 hours sandwiched in with the boy... They were an hour late getting going because they discovered he had not had a shower and they refused to accept him from the jail until he was clean (smart officers)...
Anyway, it seems he butchered a couple of women, one carrying an unborn baby, so the courts are not real happy with him... I suspect this plane ride (probably his first) will be his last look at our beautiful country for a long time...
Personally I would simply push him out the door at 11,500 (gives him time to think) but that's just me...

denny-o

Gentlemen, behold the Aircam. Probably the best bush twin ever, so long as you aren't planning on bringing a ton of stuff to the bush with you. And it's warm out.
Aircam_V1A.jpg

The first year of Skymaster production (1964) was the Model 336, fixed gear. The retractable Model 337 replaced it for 1965.

C-336_formation.jpg

Kkeeeeewll!! What a lovely bunch there! :D

First plane I ever jumped outta. Thus, the soft spot.

Definitely on my "next plane" list. :wink2:

Last edited:
Back