Best IFR Sim software

Buy a decent yoke from Elite or Precise Flight controls
I don't own them but had a chance to try them out during a flight simulation convention. Yes, very nicely built but that's about it. I didn't like the 'feel', there was actually no feel at all, it felt like moving a nicely lubricated shaft. Paying this amount of money and get absolutely no force feedback of any kind - not a purchase I would ever make.

I have a Precision Flight Controls Yoke that I purchased on eBay. Yeah, there's no force feedback but it is SO much more precise than Saitek or CH. I find the Saitek yokes to be stiff with a big dead zone in the middle.

But I'll agree with the poster above that the Saitek TPM and Cessna rudder pedals are excellent products for the buck.

I have GoFlight radios and some other Desktop Aviator products that also work very well.

+1 for the PFC gear. I went through many CH and Saitek yokes over the years. I am now practicing with a full set up of PFC gear (Cirrus Yoke, throttle quad and rudder pedals). Since my PPL training is in an Archer II, A2A's Cherokee is a great addon and ties the hardware and software together. It's great practice for flows / checklists etc. The flying - of course it's different but not as much different as I would have suspected from the negative simulator posts I read here.

Benjamin

Back