Best fuel price for the Gaston bound group

Dean

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Dean
If you are coming in from the west/northwest, M58(Monett, MO) has 100LL for $3.30, that is the best price I have found in the area.

Coming from the East, try Kennett, MO (KTKX) in the Missouri boot heel. They have $3.29 guaranteed for 100LL posted on Airnav.com. Landing from the North feels a little strange to me. Short final is right over a shopping center parking lot.

Horseshoe Bend (6M2), 40nm east of Gaston's, is reported to have $3.00/gal 100LL. Call to verify.

Dean said:
If you are coming in from the west/northwest, M58(Monett, MO) has 100LL for $3.30, that is the best price I have found in the area.

I paid $3.02 at MO8 (Brookfield, MO) last weekend, though I think it's more north.

Ed G, where's that place you fueled last year?

flyingcheesehead said:
Ed G, where's that place you fueled last year?

Willow Springs Memorial (1H5). As of a minute ago, according to the police dispatcher fuel is "$3.58 or 3.59".

Wow - I just noticed that today is June 3rd. I didn't realize that Gastons is only a few days away. I need to start flight planning, and soon!

I think we're stopping at Salem or Cuba.

AirNav says it's $3.19 at Salem.

I didn't know Gaston's had fuel available.

BTW, make sure you enter 3-Mike-Zero for Gaston's not 3 - Mike - Oh.

The only place I know for sure I'm stopping is at Borger, TX (KBGD). They were so nice to me last year that I cannot fathom not giving them my business again, regardless of what their price is.

I'll need a place with cheap fuel near Tulsa probably too, so I'll be looking and if anyone has suggestions, I'm open.

mikea said:
I didn't know Gaston's had fuel available.
The FBO at BPK is offering a discount for our group. I don't know how much. You just need to tell them you are with the Gaston's Fly-In.

Nick, for a fuel stop near Tulsa, try Tahlequah TQH for self serve.... Last I checked it was $3.69....

Back