Best Chicago Hot Dogs

Next time you're in NYC, Scott, I'll treat you to pizza at Luigi's or Lenny's. It's kind of like a spiritual awakening: You just have to experience it.

-Rich

Next time you're in NYC, Scott, I'll treat you to pizza at Luigi's or Lenny's. It's kind of like a spiritual awakening: You just have to experience it.

-Rich
Ditto for you and Nacny's

But I have already had Sbarros and Dominos, the best of the NY style pizzas! :goofy::goofy:

One thing I think we can agree on is that Europe, outside of Italy, has the worst pizza on the planet. EGGS do not ever belong on Pizza (France) nor does tuna (England) or corn (Netherlands).

Ditto for you and Nacny's

But I have already had Sbarros and Dominos, the best of the NY style pizzas! :goofy::goofy:

One thing I think we can agree on is that Europe, outside of Italy, has the worst pizza on the planet. EGGS do not ever belong on Pizza (France) nor does tuna (England) or corn (Netherlands).

Sbarro's isn't bad, actually, probably because it originated from a little Salumeria in Brooklyn, on 18th Avenue if my memory serves me correctly. Their growth hasn't seemed to affect the quality of their food very much. Dominoes... eh. It's okay if you're jonesing and can't get to an independent pizzeria.

And yes, the absolute worst pizza in the world is in Europe. Absolutely horrid. On that we agree. Second worst was a place in Decatur, Indiana I ate at when I was a kid visiting my aunt and uncle. Nauseating.

-Rich

Yep case clsoed. Exhibit A wins. Exhibit B lookslike something that came out of a Red Barron Frozen Pizza box.

I find it funny that New York style is a poor recreation of real Napolini pizza yet some think it is good even though it fails to use fresh ingredients and real dough, instead substituting old bagel left over dough.

The only claim to fame for NY style pizza is that the people who eat it can fold it. Bizarre. I have never heard that the defining characteristic of a food item is not how it tastes but how one can carry it.

The only reason I can fathom why NY style pizza lovers like to fold their pizza is that they might just be sickened by the sloppy plastic cheese look it has. When one thinks of bad pizza it seems that it always NY style. Just look at Dominos as a prime example of that.

Really what is so special about something like this:
220px-NewYorkSlice.jpg

OMG, I'm actually agreeing with Scott. I've never understood that greasy 'folding' thing, that you can buy by the slice and is often called "a slice". What, are they embarrased to call it a pizza?

Yep case clsoed. Exhibit A wins. Exhibit B lookslike something that came out of a Red Barron Frozen Pizza box.
Red Baron is made by Schwans:
The Schwan Food Company
Attention: Customer Service
115 West College Drive
Marshall, MN 56258

Hardly New york!

I find it funny that New York style is a poor recreation of real Napolini pizza yet some think it is good even though it fails to use fresh ingredients and real dough, instead substituting old bagel left over dough.
I usually don't see bagels and pizza made in the same place:dunno:

The only claim to fame for NY style pizza is that the people who eat it can fold it. Bizarre. I have never heard that the defining characteristic of a food item is not how it tastes but how one can carry it.

The only reason I can fathom why NY style pizza lovers like to fold their pizza is that they might just be sickened by the sloppy plastic cheese look it has. When one thinks of bad pizza it seems that it always NY style..
You gotta get away from the Wall Street area and try some real pizza.

Just look at Dominos as a prime example of that

Really what is so special about something like this:
220px-NewYorkSlice.jpg
Really Scott- Dominos is based in Ann Arbor, MI; also note where Red Baron Piza is based. Why don't you find a New York example of Pizza? This is like using a deep dish made in California with pineapples as a reason to disrespect Chicago Pizza.

New Yorkers don't need to search out examples from other places to prove their pizza superiority :)

ANN ARBOR, Michigan, July 27, 2010: Domino’s Pizza, Inc. (NYSE: DPZ)
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

All this talk of pizza got me hungry, so I stopped by Coppola's Pizza for lunch.

8421164.JPG

Despite its modest appearance and presence in a strip mall (good for parking), and although geographically located in Queens, Coppola's pizza is in the same league as the best Brooklyn pizzerias, as are scattered pizzerias throughout the NYC Metro Area. Most of these pizzerias have their roots in Brooklyn, the spiritual motherland of the distinct New York City-style pizza.

Some purists assert that Little Italy is the home of the best pizza in New York City, which is probably true if you're looking for the same kind of pizza served in Italy. But the distinct, New York City pizza actually has its roots in Brooklyn, from which it influenced fine pizza making throughout the tri-state area (and, in fact the entire United States -- with the exceptions of Chicago, Illinois and Decatur, Indiana).

-Rich

RJM62 and additions by ScottM said:
But the distinct, New York City pizza actually has its roots in Brooklyn, from which it influenced fine pizza making throughout the tri-state area (and, in fact the entire United States -- with the exceptions of Chicago, Illinois, where finally pizza was perfected.
Fixed that for ya!!

Back