Best Airport for Frisco...Texas

Warlock

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Warlock
May be trying to overnight there Sunday or Monday...my in laws are closing on a new home today and wife has decided she needs to see it...fuel not an issue just a tied own if the weather breaks...coming from the south Houston area.

Denton Enterprise, KDTO or McKinney National (KTKI)

Frisco is between the two, and both airports are easy in and out, even from the Houston area. Just be on Flight Following if VFR or an IFR flight plan. Regional Approach is easy to work with if you're on your communications and flying game.

If you come into Denton, the two FBO's are Business Air and US Aviation. Call ahead if you desire a Rental Car and they will get that set up and ready for when you arrive.

Thanks looks like its smack dab between the three...since I will be on the east side looks like I will use KTKI...seems like I have been there before but its been a long time.

Too bad the Frisco airport (cleverly named, "North Dallas Jetport") did not make it. Was almost complete, financing bank failed, purchased and opened (but with no services), then the town bought it to close it.

Stay out of KADS unless you like big landing fees and $7.00 gas. Like Mike said, TKI or DTO are both about the same distance and nice airports. Depending on what side of Frisco might get one closer than the other.

Back