Bendix/King 35A GPS Error Message

ARFlyer

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
ARFlyer
While flying one of our older aircraft today, our GPS kept throwing the same error message.

-- *RCVR HW Error: 0008 --

When ever the message gets thrown I also notice a loss of positional data and the message M stays on instead of flashing.

Anyone have any idea what the error code stands for? The only thing I can think of is a hardware issue of some type.

Most common is a memory battery failure. You have to pull the unit, remove the top plate and unsolder the battery and resolver in a new one.

If that does not solve it, you probably have a RAM failure which would warrant having the shop send it in the Bendix for repair.

Most common is a memory battery failure. You have to pull the unit, remove the top plate and unsolder the battery and resolver in a new one.

If that does not solve it, you probably have a RAM failure which would warrant having the shop send it in the Bendix for repair.

Thanks, I'll pass it along to our maintenance guys. The old aircraft are getting new panels starting this year. So they may just pull the unit and toss it. The database hasn't been updated since '98. :rolleyes2:

Back