Belly landing at RDU

etsisk

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
iYiYi
this afternoon - a Seneca belonging to what sounded like a courier service had gear probs and landed on 32 without benefit of wheels. :eek: Guy walked away (of course) and that's about all I know about it! :)

Now that's pretty wild. Gravity drop gear. Wonder if the little screw that holds the cable that pulls the release valve was loose......

N-number : N553DMAircraft Serial Number : 34-7670330
Aircraft Manufacturer : PIPER
Model : PA-34-200T
Engine Manufacturer : CONT MOTOR
Model : TSIO-360 SER
Aircraft Year : 1976
Owner Name : BELLEFONTE INC
Owner Address : 3704 STONEGATE DR
DURHAM, NC, 27705-5476
Type of Owner : Corporation
Registration Date : 11-Aug-2005
Airworthiness Certificate Type : Standard
Approved Operations : Normal

I think it is one of Ram Air Freight's planes. Same company that had a Saratoga lose an engine and it force landed in a field last year.

Yeah, Ram Air Freight is it, I'm pretty sure. :) Are they one of the check haulers?

Why yes....they are. Back a few years ago they had a guy hit some guy wires. :( Glad the pilot made it on the ground and was not hurt.

I think it is one of Ram Air Freight's planes. Same company that had a Saratoga lose an engine and it force landed in a field last year.
I know the young man who did that. He was also flying in north Georgia on the day Scott Crossfield was killed in a thunderstorm. The GPS396 his father bought him saved his life that day. Ought to buy a lottery ticket.

He flies much more reliable iron now.

-Rich

Yeah I remember the guy hitting the tower cables. I am a firefighter out by RDU and went to see a United (go jets I suppose) CRJ come in with a complete hydraulic failure about a week ago - all sorts of crazy stuff happening out there!

Back