Bell's Palsy

U

Unregistered

I had a trip to the ER yesterday. The good news is that I didn't have a stroke. The bad news it that I have Bell's Palsy affecting the left side of my face.

I cannot wink with my left eye but can close both together, Some slight speech slurring. I tend to drip a bit when drinking from a cup or glass if not careful. Eating must be done carefully since my tongue is involved.

I am 75 and am flying on a 3rd class. I was prescribed Prednisone 20 mg once daily for 7 days and Acyclovir 400 mg 5 times a day for 10 days.

What effect will this have on my flying?

Thanks much.

None, unless the cornea of the affected eye gets an erosion do to eyelid dysfunction.

Thank you very much Dr. Bruce

I'm OK then. I can close both eyes together, blink OK, and have always used artificial tears on a regular basis. I just can't wink with my left eye alone.

Next Spring I hope to fly on my 60th year anniversary of becoming a pilot.
Cheers and Merry Christmas

Thank you very much Dr. Bruce

I'm OK then. I can close both eyes together, blink OK, and have always used artificial tears on a regular basis. I just can't wink with my left eye alone.

Next Spring I hope to fly on my 60th year anniversary of becoming a pilot.
Cheers and Merry Christmas

Wow thats awesome! Glad to hear your good news (about being able to still fly)

60 years of flying!!! :D

I had a trip to the ER yesterday. The good news is that I didn't have a stroke. The bad news it that I have Bell's Palsy affecting the left side of my face.
...SNIP...
I had a diagnosis of Bell's Palsy a few years ago. It was suggested I try accupunture rather than drugs. 8 sessions later, the issue seemed to have been corrected. The therapist not only used a dozen well placed needles about my head but also electrically stimulated about 1/2 of them. A curious sensation, not unpleasant. I was back to being my smiling self in about 4 weeks.

I had a diagnosis of Bell's Palsy a few years ago. It was suggested I try accupunture rather than drugs. 8 sessions later, the issue seemed to have been corrected. The therapist not only used a dozen well placed needles about my head but also electrically stimulated about 1/2 of them. A curious sensation, not unpleasant. I was back to being my smiling self in about 4 weeks.
Wow, never would have thought. Glad it worked out!:yes:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back