Bellanca site to be restored!

GMascelli said:
[
A slice of history will be restored in New Castle Delaware. The Original Bellanca hangar will be saved. Great article if you have time to read it.

Gary. I did a project for Conectiv off of 273 and I-95 in New Castle. I was down there for almost two years and never saw it! Where is it?

from the website,

"Few know it is the last link to the old Bellanca Aircraft Corp., which built the first plane to fly nonstop across the Pacific Ocean."

Anthony,

On final for runway 1 into KILG it would be off to your right. On final you cross Rt 13 and Rt 273 intersection, it's located on Rt 273 and Centerpoint Blvd.

Try this link, it should take you to the map. You may have to zoom in one click to see the street names.
http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=39.666235,-75.593405&spn=0.014531,0.027479&hl=en

Dave,

I live here and didn't know that fact! I was lucky to see the DuPont Bellanca fly into and out of Cape May (KWWD) not to long ago. I posted on another board, I'll find the info and copy it here.

Found it !

A 1949 BELLANCA Model 14-13-3, really sweet looking !!

Here is a photo of the model, the one I saw was bright yellow with black trim.

bellanca_cair.jpg

Last edited:
Just yesterday I was skimming along the tops of a beautiful stratus layer at 9 with blue and a million in all directions at 160kts in a gorgeous airplane which did not break the bank and I thanked Guiseppe Bellanca out loud.... the man was an aviation Genius that affected many of us very positively, 60 years later.

Back