Being Careful

Aztec Driver

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Bryon
There are some things you don't really think about when you are on a charter to another destination that you have never been to before.

I had a charter today that afforded me the opportunity to have about 10 hours of sitting time before the passengers were to return. I am not a sit around and do nothing sort of person, but I did manage to wile away a few hours in the morning until lunch and then have some lunch.

I brought a change of clothes along for a little walking, since the airport has a lot of woods around it. Decided a nice long walk was in order. Quite a sunny day, so I walked along the edge of the woods in the shade for a little while until I reached the end and saw there was really not much more to see except roads. I heard some noises in the woods and decided to walk into the woods to see what might be there. The first thing I came upon was a hawk, screeching at the top of his lungs at me. Followed me for some time just screeching down at me. A very cool sight. Unfortunately, a bit distracting for the next bit of surprise.

As I took another step I heard the leaves rustle near my foot. Lo, and behold, there was a rather large Copperhead snake, coiled up and ready to strike. Thankfully, he held off while I slowly backed off. I decided that maybe I should just go back to the FBO and wile away some more time while I waited for my passengers.

Wouldn't want to have to explain to the boss why I needed him to pick up my passengers.

Last edited:
I like snakes. Just not poisonous ones that are looking to bite me. Other than that they're pretty awesome.

How is that for a workmans comp accident report :lol: .

"Pilot bitten by snake. Hmm... Must be snakes on a plane."

Had one of our crew get bitten by a spider in the hotel room once. Had to stay overnight in the hospital. Company would not cover it, Said "It was not on work time" so they didn't have to. My argument was you wouldn't be in that hotel making per diem if it wasn't for work. Just sayin.

I don't like the snakes myself, but my wife will round them up for the whole neighborhood.

Had one of our crew get bitten by a spider in the hotel room once. Had to stay overnight in the hospital. Company would not cover it, Said "It was not on work time" so they didn't have to. My argument was you wouldn't be in that hotel making per diem if it wasn't for work. Just sayin.

I don't like the snakes myself, but my wife will round them up for the whole neighborhood.

crap that they would try that...but this sounds like the type of employer that will also fire someone for overnight shenanigans on "company time"

Hope he got a lawyer cuz he most certainly was on company time...TAFB Time Away from Base is company time, not even a debate.

I agree 100%. I bet we could start a whole new thread on TAFB. I actually had another event TAFB that was the last straw....I left shortly after that.

this guy was patrolling the golf course last weekend. I 'guided' him into the woods so no one would accidentally run over him.

Attachments

• snake1.jpg
    snake1.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 30
  • snake2.jpg
    snake2.jpg
    204.3 KB · Views: 31
Nope, nope, nope, nope, nope. Not a snake person. I would have "guided" that guy into 12 pieces with a lob wedge.
Actually, I would have been too afraid to approach to wedge-distance, so I would have sat in my golf cart, whimpering and waited for him to leave.

This guy wasn't happy about me detaining him... :D

5525967485_42504525d4.jpg

This guy wasn't happy about me detaining him... :D

5525967485_42504525d4.jpg

I have a similar picture using the tow bar at my hangar. Ran into "my friend" while opening the hangar doors (he was in the rails). I think I set a high jump record, but had no official to confirm it:lol:

My tow bar is now slightly bent from me bashing him to death. It took a good 15-20 whacks to finally snuff him out.

Back