Beer worth $26,000 stolen...

Skip Miller

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Skip Miller
Let's see... need a CDL. Wisconsin. Maybe college student, preparing for spring break.

Kent???? ;) ;) :D

WEST BEND, Wis. - Authorities are hoping to break up what must be quite the party after beer thieves made off with almost $26,000 worth of suds from a delivery truck.

A semi trailer loaded with cans and bottles of Miller beer was stolen from a trucking company in Richfield, according to a Washington County Sheriff's Department report. The trailer was found four days later — sans beer — at an Oak Creek trucking firm.

The trailer had been dropped off at the Millis Transfer Co. sometime on Feb. 17 for delivery to a beer distributor in Menomonie, authorities said. Later that night, the trailer was discovered missing.

Yeahbut, as they say on FARK. It was Miller Beer.

There was a note to send the bill to Big Enis.

RotaryWingBob said:
Sounds like the basis for a pretty good party, Skip :cheers:

No, I'm with Mike. It was only Miller :vomit: If it were a fine ale or stout, it would be a tragedy.

rcaligan said:
No, I'm with Mike. It was only Miller :vomit: If it were a fine ale or stout, it would be a tragedy.
Agreed, but I didn't say it was a tragedy (hijacking a truck full of Stone's Arrogant Bastard Ale would be a tragedy). I just said someone could have a nice party (if they don't mind drinking yellow fizzy beer). ;)

"Eastbound and down, loaded up and truckin'..."

I wasn't in Wisconsin that day and I can prove it. And even if I was, I wouldn't steal that swill MBC makes.

Ron Levy said:
"Eastbound and down, loaded up and truckin'..."

I wasn't in Wisconsin that day and I can prove it. And even if I was, I wouldn't steal that swill MBC makes.

When I lived in Oregon, our slugs wouldn't even drink it...they held out for Redhook ESB.:dunno:

terry

terzap said:
When I lived in Oregon, our slugs wouldn't even drink it...they held out for Redhook ESB.:dunno:

There wre times in college when we were poor that $1 each from me and my four roomates could buy a case of Old Milwaukee 16 oz. On those nights Miller actually did seem like the "Champagne of Beers". Yeah right. What were some of the others? Oh yeah, how could I forget Schmidt's of Philadelphia. Guaranteed a rat per 1000 bottles. At that time, Yeungling was in that category.

What was the worst beers y'all drank?

Life is too short to drink cheap beer.

-unknown

Before I understood that truism, I discovered Kroger Cost Cutter beer, in the yellow can. Someone claimed that PBR made it. It tasted worse.

Anthony said:

O.B. (guess the country)
Dixie (it was home, but that was some naaaaasty stuff)

Last edited:
Anthony said:
Early 60's in college in Boston. Old Clyde. It was something like two bucks a case and you were guaranteed to get a headache before you finished the first can. But it WAS cheap!

Ron Levy said:
I wouldn't steal that swill MBC makes.

Are you implying you never got some E & B (cheapest in the state) from that drive through beer store in Ann Arbor (I forget the name)?

I college I was so poor we made our own beer. Our best batches were "almost drinkable".

Joe

Homer Simpson said:
DOUGH... the stuff... that buys me beer...
RAY ..... the guy that sells me beer...
ME...... the guy...who drinks the beer,
FAR..... the distance to my beer.
SO...... I think I'll have a beer.
LA...... La, la la la la beer
TEA..... no thanks, I'm drinking beer...
That will bring us back to...

It was a very good beer

Areeda said:
...I college I was so poor we made our own beer. Our best batches were "almost drinkable".

Joe

OMG, I can't believe I forgot about the "oat beer" a friend and I tried to make way back when using the horse oats... LOL!!! (The horses liked it!)

Man, am I getting old. Nowadays a sixpack of diet rite does me in. :rofl:

terry

Anthony said:

Hull's Export, brewed in New Haven, CT. ...but it was cheap!

Second to worst: Stella Artois. in 1966 it was Bad Belgian beer. I don't know if the stuff they import now is better, but if not the Belgians are laughing at us like crazy! I won't try it now, unless you are buying and you won't buy anything else.

-Skip

Anthony said:

Narragansett. So bad, it's good. And every can better than the last.

(GITMO beer doesn't count, due to its restricted availability)

Dan

Areeda said:
Are you implying you never got some E & B (cheapest in the state) from that drive through beer store in Ann Arbor (I forget the name)?
That didn't exist when I was there. I was into 6-packs of Rolling Rock for 99 cents from Campus Corners.

I college I was so poor we made our own beer. Our best batches were "almost drinkable".
Didn't start making my own beer until I came back from England and had too much trouble finding good ales. My new brew system arrived recently, and operation awaits the plumber's hook-up of water and propane.

And here I've got a couple of cases of beer left over from last night's dinner party (Shiner, Heiniken, and some kind of "light" pi$$water). Good thing it keeps.

I can account for my whereabouts during the heist. It was very far from that semi full of "not really beer" beer. Maybe it was used to sluice out a large septic tank or sumthin'? Would ya really notice?

Skip Miller said:
Second to worst: Stella Artois. in 1966 it was Bad Belgian beer. I don't know if the stuff they import now is better, but if not the Belgians are laughing at us like crazy! I won't try it now, unless you are buying and you won't buy anything else.

You know you're right! I saw some people drinking it and saying how good it was, so I ordered a Stella Artois. I swear it tasted like Scmidt's! Actually I think Schmidt's was better.

OK Stegmeir and Gibbons were pretty bad too.

Back