Beaver report?

gkainz

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Greg Kainz
Get'cher minds out of the gutters! I'm talking about the deHavilland Beaver, of course! (I sat on this topic for weeks before posting, just because of how it looks in print...) :p

Tom, you mentioned a while ago about ferrying Beavers - I love that airplane! Got any stories and/or pictures?

Greg

I must be getting old, because I immediately thought of the plane when I saw your message title. :(

Well, at least my mind didn't go right to the gutter, I thought of Beaver Island airport up here in MI.

It is usually pretty much mundane stuff. I get a call "can you move my aircraft for me" while I am on vacation or what ever.

I have moved Kenny Gee's aircraft, but the most often caller is Allied Grocery's they have a very nicely restored Beaver they use as a management play toy. They will leave it any where they please, and I go fetch it for them, and put it back where the next guy can grab it and go fishing.
I have only done this twice this year (04)

Beaver is a nice old aircraft.

Last edited:
A friend's brother just sent some photos of planes he's flown in his career, including an Army U-6A (previously L-20) Beaver.
Greg

Last edited:
This one always cracks me up :)

Eamon

20040306-cartoon1.jpg

Last edited:
They changed the name of Beaver College (Philly suburbs) to Arcadia because people would do an internet search for Beaver College and the DeHavilland website kept popping up. Actually it was for PC reasons, and other stuff was popping up, and the web search thing was an excuse. Sigh.

BTW. Been here in the west long enough, so I actually thought of the animal first. Had them in PA too. Little critters can create floods and all kinds of havoc with their dam building.

Anthony said:
They changed the name of Beaver College (Philly suburbs) to Arcadia because people would do an internet search for Beaver College and the DeHavilland website kept popping up. Actually it was for PC reasons, and other stuff was popping up, and the web search thing was an excuse. Sigh.

BTW. Been here in the west long enough, so I actually thought of the animal first. Had them in PA too. Little critters can create floods and all kinds of havoc with their dam building.

I read about that college changing its name and was able to make a couple of purchases from the bookstore before the change went into place.

I LOVE my Beaver College shorts!

If anyone is interested, at the college in Dayton, OH, the mascot is the Fliers.

Back