beauty and the beak

Problem is, there are getting to be so many of them they are pests in many places, and we'll see much more abuse, there were over 8000 of them in the Skagit valley last winter, and many starved because there isn't enough fish runs left to support that many.

I don't get it Tom. You post a heartwarming story, and then post how you think these birds are a problem.

It's kind of like showing us a cute baby seal, we all saw "awwww", and then you club it.

Ok, that might be worse :p

You probably never will, I simply sited a situation.

Actually, you sited two. Someone saving a bird with human intervention, I only asume with the intent of showing us a heartwarming story, and then a situation where humans are the problem.

You countered your own post. Seemed odd is all.

Actually, you sited two. Someone saving a bird with human intervention, I only asume with the intent of showing us a heartwarming story, and then a situation where humans are the problem.

You countered your own post. Seemed odd is all.

Saving one bird? is only one side of the subject. they are beautiful to watch but have you ever seen what one will do to your garbage can?

Man screwed this bird up, man saved it, man should have done nothing and let nature take its course.

Man fished the river salmon run to extinction, now the birds are starving, man should have left nature alone.

but the bird population will shrink to what nature will support we don't need to tinker with the process.

Saving one bird? is only one side of the subject. they are beautiful to watch but have you ever seen what one will do to your garbage can?

Man screwed this bird up, man saved it, man should have done nothing and let nature take its course.

Man fished the river salmon run to extinction, now the birds are starving, man should have left nature alone.

but the bird population will shrink to what nature will support we don't need to tinker with the process.

I get all that, and I agree with you about it. However it just seemed odd that someone who has those points of view, would have posted the link in the first place.

It's 'cited' as in citation if you are referencing something. Sighted means you saw it. Sited would mean you put it somewhere.

Last edited:
And in the New New OED, "sited" means found on a website.

Back