Beats (by Dre) In the Cockpit

loudbagel

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Hummingbird Saltalamacchia
Some of you might have heard of the U Fly Mike adaptor for the bose QC series (Allows these headphones to be used as a noise canceling aviation headset)

I was wondering If you know of anyone who has made one to use on the Beats Studio Edition headphones?

Uflymike=http://uflymike.com/index.html

I emailed them, and of course they said it wouldn't work. I am curious though. I might buy the Uflymike regardless. then test with the Beats by Dre, if it doesn't work I will order the QC-15.

I bet that the Uflymike would work...the biggest issue is will it fit on the Beats Frame?

Ya I am not sure. I actually just ordered a Uflymike and a QC-15. But I will swing by Best Buy and see if there is any hope making it work.

Just wondering what the motivation for this would be? I'm not an audiophile, and can't stand having music pumped directly into my ears while drowning out the outside world. (Softly in the background is fine) So I know functionally zero about consumer headphones, looks like your arriving at $550ish or so for this setup which is knocking on the door of some decent aviation specific anr headsets.

Just wondering what the motivation for this would be? I'm not an audiophile, and can't stand having music pumped directly into my ears while drowning out the outside world. (Softly in the background is fine) So I know functionally zero about consumer headphones, looks like your arriving at $550ish or so for this setup which is knocking on the door of some decent aviation specific anr headsets.

Im not an audiophile either, but I enjoy listening to music on my Beats, and since I have them why not use them. I know they are more comfortable than my Flightcom Denali ANR headset, but very curious as to the amount of noise cancellation they will produce.

Dual duty, gotcha. I seem to forget other people like listening to music with headphones on...

I just picked up a UFlyMike on eBay last week for passenger use and as a backup to my Zulu. I'm flying 3 legs tomorrow (wx permitting) so perhaps I'll have to give it a try with my QC15's to see how it compares. I would imagine they would work with the Beats if one could make the connector seat properly, and if the 1/8" jack contacts were adapted to however Beats handles its input (contact order, etc).

I would love to know what you think of them Mike as I use a Zulu as my primary. The Uflymike/QC-15 will be my backup in case they break.

Why Beats and not some better built and cheaper headset?

Sony studio/Pro gear lasts longer, is better built, and costs 1/2 of what the highly marketed ($) Beats headsets.

I've got a pair here that's over 10 years old hanging on my headboard. I've beat (pun. Get it?) the crud out of them that entire time.

Back