Battery life in the heat?

OkieAviator

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
OkieAviator
Lately it seems the batteries in my A20 headset are only lasting about 8-10 hours. I'm using the basic AA Duracell and those along with my headset sit in the hangar. After flying I unplug the headset, make sure it's turned off and just leave it on the seat of the plane.

Anyone ever run into something like this?

Zulus, but no, when I was flying my butt off putting on 5-8hrs each day on weekends, half to a quarter of that each week day, 6 days a week, and I would go a about month before the AAs checked out on me.

I'd call Bose up.

Some data over on the Candlepower Forum (flashaholics) is: "both alkaline and lithium batteries would have less than 55% of their normal shelf life... if stored at a constant 104 F as opposed to storing them at a constant 68 F." This from an EverReady research paper.

I use Lithiums and they last plenty long...

I'll get some new lithiums and test it out before I call Bose. I'm not sure how hot it gets in that hangar. I really don't want to carry my headset back and forth.

I'll get some new lithiums and test it out before I call Bose. I'm not sure how hot it gets in that hangar. I really don't want to carry my headset back and forth.

Isn't 104 the morning low for August in Oklahoma?

Back