Barry Bonds: the feel-good sports story of the summer

Awesome Read!!! :D :D :D

I love this..
"I know Bonds is probably 100% pharmaceutical Frankenstein," said Brewers fan Charles Michaels, who waved a banner reading "Make Us Relatively Proud, Barry" while not exactly rooting against Bonds at Milwaukee's Miller Park Sunday night. "But I also know for a certainty that gambling problems didn't compel him to affect the outcome of the NBA playoffs. You have to give him that much."

So, will life imitate the Onion?

Now THAT is funny. And sad, too. Almost a ring of truth to it, don't you think?:(

I found this from a few years back. It seems to hit home with the Onion.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Barry Bonds Moves To 4th Place On All-time Jerk List[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] 2/27/2004 - Tad Hayworth[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Baseball's all-time jerk list:[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1. Ty Cobb[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]2. Pete Rose[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]3. Darryl Strawberry[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]4. Barry Bonds[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]5. Albert Belle[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]6. Jose Canseco[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]7. Ted Williams[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]8. Roger Clemens[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]9. Bobby Bonilla[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]10. Mo Vaughn[/FONT]

Bonds is proving himself the jerk of the season if not striving for baseball history. Bonds bites at a seasoned and respected sports reporter. But, Bob Costas had the ideal come back. :D

Costas dries off, fires spitball back

A day after Barry Bonds called him “that little midget man who absolutely knows jack (expletive) about baseball, who never played the game before,” broadcaster Bob Costas said he wasn't upset with Bonds and responded with a jab of his own.

“As anyone can plainly see, I'm 5-6½ and a strapping 150, and unlike some people, I came by all of it naturally,” Costas told The Associated Press yesterday.

:rofl:

As Lewis Black said this past week on The Daily Show, the Barry Bonds episode is a great example of how close we've come to attaining Martin Luther King's dream:

When people vilified Jackie Robinson in 1947, it was because of the color of his skin. Now, 60 years later, when people hate Barry Bonds, it's because he's a (allegedly) cheating d*****bag - it's the content of his character!

Back