Baron Thomas charged with fraud

Status
Not open for further replies.
Luckily, my attorney is better at defining that, and demonstrating that. As well as intent, etc.

For anyone that wants to research Internet Slander a bit further, may I direct you to: Erik Syverson, ESQ., of Los Angeles, California.

That's his specialty.

Thank you,

Barron Thomas

Ya might want check in with him then.

Slander requires a false statement of fact about an individual. Stating any kind of opinion doesn't cut it and is not defamation.

I can say you're a slimeball all day long. However, if I say you've committed such-and-such immoral, illegal or fattening act, and that's false, that's defamation.

BTs response to the Corporation Commission allegations:

http://images.edocket.azcc.gov/docketpdf/0000112529.pdf

Some of it quite humorous, basically denying that the sun rises in the east in the morning.

As someone more familiar with securities law predicted earlier, the main defense is that these were all 'loans' and not 'securities' and that as such the corporation commission has no say.

Good Luck !!

(for reference, this is the amended charging document BT is responding to: http://images.edocket.azcc.gov/docketpdf/0000110561.pdf )

That was an interesting read.

But not as good as the old Perry Mason declaration, "Incompetent, irrelevant and immaterial!"

I wonder how far his Bart Simpson defense* is going to get him. Looking at the charging document, the prosecutors seem to have a a number of pretty well documented cases of $20,000 worth of plane debris with $100,000 worth of securities issued against them.

Dunno. Sounds like the mortgage mess right now. :ihih:

Barron Thomas commits fraud and uses a horribly placed defense to try to fool the prosecutors and the judge into believing that his Micky Mouse defense is legit. He has no business selling securities, and should be run out of the aviation industry (not ok)

Once the corporation commission makes its ruling, you will be allowed to say exactly that. It's not libel or slander if it is true (until they, or an ordinary court rule on the charges, you have to pre-face it with the word 'alledgedly').

Once the corporation commission makes its ruling, you will be allowed to say exactly that. It's not libel or slander if it is true (until they, or an ordinary court rule on the charges, you have to pre-face it with the word 'alledgedly').

Exactly! Which is why I used that as an example with "not ok" afterward....its only an example :)

Is there a chance that this discussion is going a bit far within the terms of conduct on this board? I don't know BT, I've never done business with him, but would we tolerate this abuse towards any other participant on this site? Just asking...

Posts containing personal attacks against the RoC have been removed and the thread is now closed per MC decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back