Barbecue Festival KEXX

I guess we were the only ones to go the the BBQ Festival? Rats. I was hoping someone else might have gone. It wasn't until we were crossing the Appalachian Mountains that I realized that I left my camera at home. Fooey, the fall colors were starting to really look good too. Oh well. But that didn't bother me half as much as when we got into the pattern at Davidson County and I could see there was a B17, a P51 and a T6 parked on the ramp. Now I was torqued. It turns out the B17, Liberty Bell, was OOS with a broken tail wheel lock. The P51 flew, not sure about the T6. They were also giving rides in a Helio Currier. Got to go thru the B17 but it sure would have been a lot nicer if I had my camera. Anyone close to KEXX I suspect that Liberty Bell will be there for at least another day. Note to self, always put camera in bag.
Ron

BBQ was OK if you like it NC style. The sauce was OK, it was the coleslaw that they mixed in with the pulled pork that I wasn't crazy about. I like coleslaw but not on the sandwich. If the sandwich sits for more than 5 minutes you wind up with a soggy bun. Tough eating. Think next time I'll eat out at the airport. They had some pretty good smelling stuff on the grill. If they have Liberty Bell there next year will deffinitely go.
Ron

Back