Ballooning over Marcus Hook, Essington and maybe even Eddystone!

Anthony

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Anthony
With all this talk about Tuscany and London, I think next time I visit home, I'll charter the ballon guy at Ludwig's Corner, PA to head south and do a tour over the Delaware River around the docks and refineries. Anyone else up for it?

:D

Tony:

Cool! There is also a guy who flies out of Quakertown as well. I'd be up for it! But, what happens if the wind is blowing to the north? :rolleyes: Ballooning is entirely different and a blast!

Gary

:D[/quote]

Anthony said:
With all this talk about Tuscany and London, I think next time I visit home, I'll charter the ballon guy at Ludwig's Corner, PA to head south and do a tour over the Delaware River around the docks and refineries. Anyone else up for it?
Hmmm. I wonder what happens if he blunders into Philly class B?

There was some flap between him and the township. I think he's still flying but no longer from Ludwigs Corner.

Sure enough places to fill up with Gas in that area Anthony is the balloons tanks run a little low Whooosh.:hairraise:

Anthony said:
With all this talk about Tuscany and London, I think next time I visit home, I'll charter the ballon guy at Ludwig's Corner, PA to head south and do a tour over the Delaware River around the docks and refineries. Anyone else up for it?:D

The idea is good, but who wants to drift along over the hook ? let alone the river! :eek:

Now, if you said something where there is a bit of clean air, some open land I would be all for it. Actually, Mary and I have been talking about doing just that......she also wants to sky dive:hairraise:

If your in town and want to get a group together count both of us in. Heck we wouldnt mind a day in gliders too!! now that would be cool !

Gary M. It was kind of a joke in contrasting Tuscany and Lodnon with "the Hook". However, it did get me thinking about a field trip to the oldest Seaplane Base in the U.S., the Phila. Seaplane Base 9N2.

But maybe a group balloon ride would work. They have a glider club at New Garden, N57. I was based there for about a year before I moved to N47 and got used to dealing with them, but never went for a flight. Obviously, I'm not at N47 anymore either. :)

Last edited:
:goofy:
Wow it must have been a long day..:redface: .that went right over my head. But the idea is still pretty good!

Anthony said:

I did a little of that last week. Had to make a one day trip to Wilmington and got routed over the refinery near Delaware City, over the Delaware River, over the Nuclear Plant (can't remember the name), toward Wilmington and Phili before finally being allowed to turn and land at Wilmington. Some neat views, but not what I would call picturesque.:rofl:

Anthony said:
Gary M. It was kind of a joke in contrasting Tuscany and Lodnon with "the Hook". However, it did get me thinking about a field trip to the oldest Seaplane Base in the U.S., the Phila. Seaplane Base 9N2.

But maybe a group balloon ride would work. They have a glider club at New Garden, N57. I was based there for about a year before I moved to N47 and got used to dealing with them, but never went for a flight. Obviously, I'm not at N47 anymore either. :)
They do gliders at Morgantown, as well, Anthony.

RotaryWingBob said:
They do gliders at Morgantown, as well, Anthony.

I didn't know that Bob. Any more news on that airport staying open or closing?

And whomever reminded me of the champagne custom in the rep section, yes that is true. In fact they still practice that custom. As Bob knows, a local balloon guy used to operate very close to where I lived and for some reason they had to put down in my neighbors yard. And yep, the ground crew gave him a bottle of champagne. If you've ever seen a balloon, low and slow and right next to your house, its pretty scarry.

Anthony said:
I didn't know that Bob. Any more news on that airport staying open or closing?

And whomever reminded me of the champagne custom in the rep section, yes that is true. In fact they still practice that custom. As Bob knows, a local balloon guy used to operate very close to where I lived and for some reason they had to put down in my neighbors yard. And yep, the ground crew gave him a bottle of champagne. If you've ever seen a balloon, low and slow and right next to your house, its pretty scarry.
I didn't know that Morgantown was in danger, Anthony. The fate of New Garden is uncertain at this time.

As to balloons, low and slow, I had one fly through the pattern at South Jersey very early on when I was a fixed-wing student. That was pretty freaky!

Before we were totally moved to PA, I was staying here by myself on night, and maybe around 6 or so was outside sippin' on a beer when I heard a huge roar. I finally looked up and that balloon couldn't have cleared the trees by more than 50'...

Back