Bail out $ or disaster relief $

stapler101

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
stapler101
A joke!!

In the early 1900's my grandfather, Joseph Jiffy, was one of the US's largest growers of popcorn.
This was before modern equipment so the work was done with horses and mules.
Temperatures in Texas during July-August can reach 105+ degrees.
The field crews had just finished loading all of the wagons with what was surely a record crop of popcorn.
The high heat along with high humidity caused the popcorn to start popping.
The horses and mules thought it was snowing and they immediately froze to death!
My family has never recovered from the financial loss of both the crop and the livestock.
My grandfather was so overwhelmed that he changed his last name from Jiffy (folks still called him Pop) to Cocoa.

Last edited:
This thread belongs in the Spin Zone. The original poster may not know about Spin Zone. Follow this link. http://www.pilotsofamerica.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34
Yep, this is SZ fodder and does not belong out in HT. Not the instruction up at the top of the HT forum
NOTE: Politics and religion and any other topic likely to become highly charged should be posted in The Spin Zone. To gain access to the Spin Zone, click this link and join the Spin Zone group.

I hope everyone here is intelligent enough to see that there is NO POLITICAL INTENT here!!
The story was originally written by my father in the 1943 Stars and Stripes newspaper that was circulated to the troops in Europe (and I guess everywhere else),
I will edit the title.
If the moderators wish to move it that is fine.

thanks and sorry if I posted in the wrong forum.

I hope everyone here is intelligent enough to see that there is NO POLITICAL INTENT here!!
The story was originally written by my father in the 1943 Stars and Stripes newspaper that was circulated to the troops in Europe (and I guess everywhere else),
I will edit the title.
If the moderators wish to move it that is fine.

thanks and sorry if I posted in the wrong forum.
Did you obtain their permission to use it? If you did not then you are just posting something that violates copyright law. :nono::nono::nono:

;)

The Management Council wants to make it clear that nothing Scott says reflects the views of the Pilots of America Management Council, the Pilots of America website, the Pilots of America membership, or anyone but Scott. Ever. ;)

Oh, and we all took this as a joke, btw. ;)

A Joke!!

Igot a new avatar,
21000 post or not, you need a chill pill!
Life is too short to spend it looking for things so trivial as my 55 year old joke.
BTW--copyright, I think not. It was written by my father and appeared in S&S. The paper was written by soldiers for soldiers.

The Management Council wants to make it clear that nothing Scott says reflects the views of the Pilots of America Management Council, the Pilots of America website, the Pilots of America membership, or anyone but Scott. Ever. ;)
In less than 30 days neither will you ;)

Oh, and we all took this as a joke, btw. ;)
I can't wait to see how long the whole "MC: it is a joke" excuse will continue to be used. It seems right now that offensive topics can be used as long as they are cloaked in sheet of alleged humor even when clearly they fall on the outside of the RoC. Couple this with the efforts to build a VIP suite for special members, the minimum post content requiremenets for new members I am really wondering if PoA has lost its vision to be the front porch of aviation. It seems more like it is becoming the private pool hall of aviation. Kinda sad actually.

I can't wait to see how long the whole "MC: it is a joke" excuse will continue to be used. It seems right now that offensive topics can be used as long as they are cloaked in sheet of alleged humor even when clearly they fall on the outside of the RoC. Couple this with the efforts to build a VIP suite for special members, the minimum post content requiremenets for new members I am really wondering if PoA has lost its vision to be the front porch of aviation. It seems more like it is becoming the private pool hall of aviation. Kinda sad actually.

NOTE: Politics and religion and any other topic likely to become highly charged should be posted in The Spin Zone.

In the early 1900's my grandfather, Joseph Jiffy, was one of the US's largest growers of popcorn.
This was before modern equipment so the work was done with horses and mules.
Temperatures in Texas during July-August can reach 105+ degrees.
The field crews had just finished loading all of the wagons with what was surely a record crop of popcorn.
The high heat along with high humidity caused the popcorn to start popping.
The horses and mules thought it was snowing and they immediately froze to death!
My family has never recovered from the financial loss of both the crop and the livestock.
My grandfather was so overwhelmed that he changed his last name from Jiffy (folks still called him Pop) to Cocoa.
What, exactly, about this post did you take seriously or consider to be highly charged?

Dammit, I don't care if this is a front porch! We need RULES! :rolleyes:

Like the "FNG" (;)) said:

Igot a new avatar,
21000 post or not, you need a chill pill!
Life is too short to spend it looking for things so trivial as my 55 year old joke.

(BTW, I'm still up for the beers at the Tilted Kilt - Sounds like you need two of 'em now. ;))

What, exactly, about this post did you take seriously or consider to be highly charged?
That it was wrapped in Stimulus bill wrapper. I was not the only one to note that. You will see the Aunt Peggy noticed it first. The Op also removed all of the notes referenced President Obama and the Stimulus bill. He even tried to change the thread title too.

Back