Bagging work tomorrow...

GMascelli

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
GaryM
Well the wx was crap most of the weekend so we decided to bag a half day at least and head out for late lunch/early dinner Monday afternoon. I am going to try and rent the 172 I trained in for a trip to KGED. I figure on wheels up by 1:30 arrive by 2:30 and snoop around the small museum prior to eats.

I plan on a 4pm depature for the home field (N99) with Mary taking pictures all along the way. She is really excited! :goofy: Monday looks like the best day, the rest of the week is calling for thunderstorms and more rain.

I hope to get this first one in the book if 46C has some time open on the schedule.

Nuthin like playin a little hookie to go flying. Have a blast Gary Enjoy the ticket.

skipping work to go fly is the most wonderful feeling....

have fun. she will be your first passenger?

Yep! Taking the Bride as my first passenger since she was there every step of the way for the flight lessons......and questioned me to no end for the oral test.

Have a nice flight. My first reaction to the title of your thread was that you'd be busy putting up sandbags due to forecast flooding!

GMascelli said:
Well the wx was crap most of the weekend so we decided to bag a half day at least and head out for late lunch/early dinner Monday afternoon. I am going to try and rent the 172 I trained in for a trip to KGED. I figure on wheels up by 1:30 arrive by 2:30 and snoop around the small museum prior to eats.

I plan on a 4pm depature for the home field (N99) with Mary taking pictures all along the way. She is really excited! :goofy: Monday looks like the best day, the rest of the week is calling for thunderstorms and more rain.

I hope to get this first one in the book if 46C has some time open on the schedule.

Looks like an excellent day to play hooky! Considering the weather over the last week, you picked a winner! GED has very good food, the crabcakes are wonderful!

As an alternative, Wildwood NJ (WWD) has a decent cafe, and the museum is small but interesting.

Gary

what a great day to do it have fun wish I could join you.

Bob

Maybe I'll see you at N99, Gary. I'm planning to depart around 11:30-12:00 in the R22 for Sky Manor (where the burgers are sooooo good!).

In any case, fly safe and have fun.

On the way home from work I stopped at the airport to see 46C was gone. So I thought I would hang around and say hi when you came in. after looking at the schedule I see you took N65021 and it was there so I went home. Bob I did see John I think teaching someone in the R22.

Well, Gary I hope you had a great flight.

Bob

rmciottijr said:
On the way home from work I stopped at the airport to see 46C was gone. So I thought I would hang around and say hi when you came in. after looking at the schedule I see you took N65021 and it was there so I went home. Bob I did see John I think teaching someone in the R22.

Well, Gary I hope you had a great flight.

Bob
Yeah, after I got back, John was doing a lesson with my partner (the other) Gary, who's getting closer to his checkride.

^^^ Bob I see that you fly the R22 around my area alot..i was wondering if it would be possible to get a ride in it.:) .(or any helicopter) i keep thinking about taking up helicopter lessons, but i have only been in one a long time ago for about 10 mins in the back seat...
i see R22's alot and i think they would be really fun to fly but i have no idea if I would like them better then airplanes..
Let me know if ya can..3N6 is my home airport..

Ant

p.s-I feel like a little kid asking for a candy bar..;)

SupraPilot said:
^^^ Bob I see that you fly the R22 around my area alot..i was wondering if it would be possible to get a ride in it.:) .(or any helicopter) i keep thinking about taking up helicopter lessons, but i have only been in one a long time ago for about 10 mins in the back seat...
i see R22's alot and i think they would be really fun to fly but i have no idea if I would like them better then airplanes..
Let me know if ya can..3N6 is my home airport..

Ant

p.s-I feel like a little kid asking for a candy bar..;)
See PM I sent.

Howdy all......

Had a great flight, posted the details on the flight log page. Bob, I finally put two and two together and realized your plane is on the top of the row next to the taxiway, the picture you have finally clicked.:rolleyes:

Mary took her first "pinch hitters" course will Bill this evening. She had a blast and flew for the hour. I am so proud of her, she gets a big atta girl !

Sorry we missed you Bob, would have loved to watch you tool around in that R22. I hope your burger run was fun!!

No, she has no interest in a pilots license. Mary just would like to be able to get us on the ground, on her terms, if something happens to me.

After we got home it was funny to see how tired she was. I asked if she was ok and she said now I understand when you said you were beat after you have a chance to chill.... :)

GMascelli said:
No, she has no interest in a pilots license. Mary just would like to be able to get us on the ground, on her terms, if something happens to me.

After we got home it was funny to see how tired she was. I asked if she was ok and she said now I understand when you said you were beat after you have a chance to chill.... :)

Smart woman. Yeah flying can kick your butt. That is why I come home and nap after lessons.

Back