Bad weather today

dell30rb

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Ren
Yikes! Have not seen so much LIFR and IFR conditions.. Nearly half of the us is socked in
ae6d07dd-2166-6871.jpg

Yesterday we had 30G50 with blowing mud. Southern NV.
A lot calmer today.

Nibbled at the western edge of that this am: kaus. Loong trip back home.

I figured that.... Just where on adds is it? I've been hunting for it

For me I see it on the first page when I go there.

Well, duh, I see that... Usually go to adds after the gov./ and it isn't there... Thanks

It qualified as West Texas Sporty; we had 57kts midday.

I flew from KHYI (San Marcos TX) to Midland this afternoon, overcast didn't break in San Marcos until the cold front hit at 2:30pm. Enroute I saw peak winds at 6500 240 at 67 kts, most of the time it was 35-45 kts. Groundspeed between 95 and 80 knts, TAS 120. Had a 30-degree crab over the ground for most of 2 hours, that was a little different. Blowing dust had me effectively IMC for about 45 minutes from Fredericksburg to Junction. Passing San Angelo I heard traffic above me at FL210 reporting 122 knots wind.

Last edited:
Ha, over jct I said to CoP 'aren't you glad we're not down there in a small a/c?'. Airguy=made of hardy stuff.
Did you hear the nonstop discussion on ctr about "Where is it not: Cob, rough as a?"

Friday night late it turned 40+ degrees and gentle warm rain the snow is all gone, minimal flooding. Today brought winds and 43 degrees, tonight we are clear as it gets in Puget Sound.

Ha, over jct I said to CoP 'aren't you glad we're not down there in a small a/c?'. Airguy=made of hardy stuff.
Did you hear the nonstop discussion on ctr about "Where is it not: Cob, rough as a?"

Ha! I heard some of that on Houston Center 134.2 for a while, but not on Ft. Worth Center. I was at 6500 with only constant light-to-moderate chop, the ride wasn't bad just slow. But then again, I've come to realize that my tolerance for turbulence is much higher than most, it doesn't bother me at all.

Yikes! Have not seen so much LIFR and IFR conditions.. Nearly half of the us is socked in
ae6d07dd-2166-6871.jpg

At least we haven't had any winter to speak of yet (as of late January) here in NC - we can be thankful for that. Last winter we got snowed in twice - and three times the winter before that.

Dave

At least we haven't had any winter to speak of yet (as of late January) here in NC - we can be thankful for that. Last winter we got snowed in twice - and three times the winter before that.

Dave

Yup

I think i'll go flying tonight. Sunny and 65 today. I've logged a pathetic 0.8 hours this month. Last month was over 20 hours.

Back