ScottM

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
iBazinga!
Last edited:
Sorry Anthony. You must be heartbroken :D:D:D

http://www.tmz.com/2007/04/25/its-true-rosie-will-leave-view/

They forgot to mention that she will be joining POA as a Moderator instead of being on the view! :D

Attachments

• Rosie3.jpg
    Rosie3.jpg
    2.8 KB · Views: 8
AHhhh Anthony, I guess its better for you now that she will have all this free time. (wink, wink)

his [The Donald's] name did come up — for the umpteenth time — during a crass and obscenity-laced hosting gig by O'Donnell at the Matrix Awards lunch in New York Monday, which honored influential women in the media.

At the end of her rant that recalled The Donald's famed insults about her weight, Rosie grabbed her crotch and shouted something raunchy. She did that to punctuate what she sarcastically said was her dream — to turn on "an old, bald billionaire."

Hey, I'm no prude by any stretch, but I even found myself wincing when watching the bleep-filled clip on "Inside Edition" Tuesday night. OK, so I'm sure lunch guests such as Meredith Vieira, Nora Ephron and Martha Stewart took it all in stride. Moments like this are expected from Rosie.

On the other hand, as Rosie herself pointed out, Barbara Walters was sitting there, bent over, head in hands.

When it was revealed high school students also were on hand, it registered as another shining example of Rosie's lack of judgment in certain situations.

As much as I enjoy many of her opinions — and the brash humor she'll use to express them — the repulsive part of her shtick was starting to get tiresome.

[snip]
It won't be easy to find a replacement — that's for sure — who could cause even half the stir that Rosie regularly did.

http://blogs.mysanantonio.com/weblogs/jakle06/

In other news, rumor has it that Katie Couric is also on her way out....

I never understood Kate C as a news anchor; she just never seemed to me to have any credibility.

I think the Media folks saw her as someone who did have credibility - a good face, good demenor. Also, they tried to go with a hybrid news/interview format that focused more on story depth than on sound bites.

Failed miserably.

FWIW I was a huge fan of ABC World News Tonight as a kid. As an adult, I listen to News Hour on NPR while in the car; most other news stations just don't offer enough story DEPTH for me to really get into it. I spend my day being barraged by sound-bite, headline-driven news and at night I'd like to here some analysis and even some discussion on the subject, even if it is clearly biased - at least it's intelligent discussion, not just the 50,000 foot view.

Cheers,

-Andrew

Chew on these memorable Rosie Quotes:

1999: "You are not allowed to own a gun, and if you do own a gun, I think you should go to prison."

Nov. 20, 2006: "To me that was a homophobic remark. If that was a straight man... if that was a guy that she didn't question his sexuality, she would have said a different thing."

Dec. 20, 2006: "(He) left the first wife -- had an affair. (He) had kids both times, but he's the moral compass for 20-year-olds in America. Donald, sit and spin, my friend."

March 26, 2007: "There were 15 British sailors and marines who apparently went in to Iranian waters and they were seized by the Iranians. And I have one thing to say. Gulf of Tonkin. Google it."

April 23, 2007: "It was always my dream to give an old, bald billionaire a *****."

Just one gem from Rosie's offensive monologue as host of the Matrix Awards. According to the New York Post, O'Donnell also dropped the f-bomb multiple times and grabbed her crotch shouting "Eat me." On O'Donnell's blog, she writes of her misgivings about attending the lunch and being "forced" to introduce Rupert Murdoch.

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/cele...brief_compendium_of_1.html?hpid=moreheadlines

Dec. 20, 2006: "(He) left the first wife -- had an affair. (He) had kids both times, but he's the moral compass for 20-year-olds in America. Donald, sit and spin, my friend."

Better him than Rosie!!!

Back