bad day for this plane...

SCCutler

Administrator
Management Council Member
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
Spike Cutler
...big winds in Dallas, and I drove into the gate at Airpark Dallas, to see this:

Guess he shgould have tied down a little better?

Attachments

• Flipped 172.jpg
    Flipped 172.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 156
Ouch. Those were some strong winds. Gusts of 80 and better. Picked up my large gas grill with a full tank and flung it 8-10 feet across the backyard. We did gather near the safe room, just in case.

Where's the prop?

...big winds in Dallas, and I drove into the gate at Airpark Dallas, to see this:

Guess he shgould have tied down a little better?

Where's the prop?

It's there, in line with your view. Spinner was busted off.

This is the same guy, by th eway, who landed that plane on the golf course a few months back. It's just out of the shop with engine, paint, etc. More to tell, apparently, but not on the Internet...

What is that aircraft BEHIND the C172?

LOL.

No other aircraft were hurt; this one apparently had a tiedown problem (duh).

Any ropes? Rings pulled off?

It's there, in line with your view. Spinner was busted off.

This is the same guy, by th eway, who landed that plane on the golf course a few months back. It's just out of the shop with engine, paint, etc. More to tell, apparently, but not on the Internet...

What aircraft are you referring to? I see a C-172 directly behind it and a Piper of some sort under the sunshade on the far left of the photo.

I believe he was referring to the aircraft which look a great deal like GMC dump trucks...

or he might have been looking at the wheel pants and thinking that they looked a lot like a composite planes pods...

or he might have been looking at the wheel pants and thinking that they looked a lot like a composite planes pods...

That's what I thought the first time I looked at the picture...

I guess I didn't expect to see the wheels on top.

Back