En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Harley Reich
Caught in the act.....................

Attachments

• PepsiCola_11.wmv
    1.7 MB · Views: 148
HaHa! thats a good one Harley but I'd think its usually the dog getting outwitted by a cat!

smigaldi said:
Ah that isn't real. No dog would be smart enough or clever enough to think that little scheme up :-0

Sorry, my dog has done that exact thing. Well, except for the soda part and the sandwich was at "dog level" on a coffee table. However, the cat tries to drink out of your glass if its anywhere near her. If you open a can of tuna, the cat and dog beg next to each other in the kitchen. They pretty much peacefully coexist, but when it comes to food they are really on the same page. I came home once and the dog and cat were nowhere to be found. I went down to the lower level of the house and found them working as a "hunter-killer" team with a mouse they had cornered. The cat was on one side and the dog on the other. It was hilarious. I put the mouse in a box and let it go outside. You should have seen the disapointed look on their faces.

Anthony said:
Sorry, my dog has done that exact thing. Well, except for the soda part and the sandwich was at "dog level" on a coffee table. However, the cat tries to drink out of your glass if its anywhere near her. If you open a can of tuna, the cat and dog beg next to each other in the kitchen. They pretty much peacefully coexist, but when it comes to food they are really on the same page. I came home once and the dog and cat were nowhere to be found. I went down to the lower level of the house and found them working as a "hunter-killer" team with a mouse they had cornered. The cat was on one side and the dog on the other. It was hilarious. I put the mouse in a box and let it go outside. You should have seen the disapointed look on their faces.

I'll still bet the cat dreamed up the scheme and was the leader B):D:yes:

What you don't see below camera level is the cat eats the sandwich while sending the dog back up for the pepsi, and drinks the pepsi while the dog looks the other way.

smigaldi said:
I'll still bet the cat dreamed up the scheme and was the leader B):D:yes:

Only women like cats better than dogs. :rofl: :D :D :goofy:

We had similar raid once. My ex's daughter lost an entire plastic pumpkin full of her Halloween candy. She had stored it high on a shelf over her bed.

She got to her room and there was nothing left but a pile of candy wrappers.

The thing was both of our dogs had to collaborate to do the raid. Only one dog, mine, would have dared to go on the bed. Bertha D. Bulldog had to get the thing and push it off the bed for for the bigger dog, Sheba to join in. We envisioned Sheba giving Bertha a boost.

When we screamed at both dogs, neither one wanted to go anywhere near the scene of the crime.

"Huh? What mess?"

That's a pretty cat!

Mine would wait until 330 AM and mew until I got up to get her a drink of water. from the tap. despite the two water bowls set out.

another story:

at a friend's party she had set out some pate. we turned our back and another friend's Lab had put her front feet on the table and was savoring every last bite of the pate. she didn't last very long after that. (literally - I think she died within months. not sure if it was old age or clogged arteries).

woodstock said:
Mine would wait until 330 AM and mew until I got up to get her a drink of water. from the tap. despite the two water bowls set out.

Usually a shoe or other well aimed projectile cures that.

As seen in a dog's diary:

7 am - Oh boy! A walk! My favorite!
8 am - Oh boy! Dog food! My favorite!
9 am - Oh boy! The kids! My favorite!
Noon - Oh boy! The yard! My favorite!
2 pm - Oh boy! A car ride! My favorite!
3 pm - Oh boy! The kids! My favorite!
4 pm - Oh boy! Playing ball! My favorite!
6 pm - Oh boy! Welcome home Mom! My favorite!
7 pm - Oh boy! Welcome home Dad! My favorite!
8 pm - Oh boy! Dog food! My favorite!
9 pm - Oh boy! Tummy rubs on the couch! My favorite!
11 pm - Oh boy! Sleeping in my people's bed! My favorite!

As seen in a cat's diary:

Day 183 of my captivity... My captors continued to taunt me with bizarre little dangling objects. They dine lavishly on fresh meat, while I am forced to eat dry cereal. The only thing that keeps me going is the hope of escape, and the mild satisfaction I get from clawing the furniture. Tomorrow I may eat another house plant. Today my attempt to kill my captors by weaving around their feet while they were walking almost succeeded - must try this at the top of the stairs. In an attempt to disgust and repulse these vile oppressors, I once again induced myself to vomit on their favorite chair - must try this on their bed. Decapitated a mouse and brought them the headless body in an attempt to make them aware of what I am capable of, and to try to strike fear in their hearts. They only cooed and condescended about what a good little cat I was. Hmmm, not working according to plan. There was some sort of gathering of their accomplices. I was placed in solitary throughout the event. However, I could hear the noise and smell the food. More important, I overheard that my confinement was due to my powers of inducing "allergies." Must learn what this is and how to use it to my advantage.

I am convinced the other captives are flunkies and maybe snitches. The dog is routinely released and seems more than happy to return. He is obviously a half-wit. The bird, on the other hand, has got to be an informant and speaks with them regularly. I am certain he reports my every move. Due to his current placement in the metal room, his safety is assured. But I can wait; it is only a matter of time.

woodstock said:
uh huh. right. :lightning:

E. You are an "enabler." LOL!

12 EE Hiking Boots = :lightning: Death from Above.

Anthony said:
E. You are an "enabler." LOL!

This, I cannot deny. It's fully expected that I will do every last thing for them. The one (prime mewer) doesn't even cover her own poop, her sister will do it for her.

My cat has a staff.

Our black lab cleaned 2 dozen christmas cookies off the cooling racks on the counter, and one loaf of homemade bread in one shot. All we found was the bag that the bread had been in. She also licked the butter dish clean one night from the table.

Back